Why am I a little antisocial

Started by peternap, October 07, 2011, 06:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

To be honest, I really get sick of many people in modern society.
This story is a good example. There is a fringe group of Amish committing true hate crimes against conventional Amish people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046000/Mystery-break-ins-Amish-community-robbers-cut-hair-beards-victims.html

That's disturbing enough but what really disgusts me are the comments:

Don't be alarmed, this is obviously how they initiate new traditions, case in point with the funny beards. Now, one would really worry when they started to implement circumcision as another..... :)

- Brian, chico USA, 07/10/2011 10:05
Click to rate     Rating   8

Report abuse

The top photograph of an Amish buggy was not taken in Ohio, but in Lancaster County PA along Pennsylvania Route 896, in southern Lancaster County, PA. Ohio Amish don't always use lights or reflectors on their buggies. Just thought you might like to know.

- Jewel, Lancaster PA USA, 07/10/2011 07:33
Click to rate     Rating   16

Report abuse

Inbreeding?

- Off Duty, NYC, USA, 07/10/2011 06:39
Click to rate     Rating   11

Report abuse

Seriously? A guy named "Mullet" ordering his minions to forcibly cut their victims' hair? You can't make this stuff up!

- JT, San Antonio, TX, US, 07/10/2011 05:59
Click to rate     Rating   13

Report abuse

Yeah--right--"The "Amish." So wholesome, so nice, so earthy, so pure. NOT! Ask any vet in Amish land how these brutes treat their horses and dogs. You'll be in for a real big surpise. P.S. Who runs all the $$$ Puppy-Mills in Ohio? Ya--Des Amishers... "Wies die Gelt?"

- woodrow wilson 3rd, Ohio-US of A, 07/10/2011 03:13
Click to rate     Rating   5

Report abuse

Reminds me of the final scene in the amish episode of sledgehammer

- SH, London, 07/10/2011 02:37
Click to rate     Rating   6

Report abuse

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046000/Mystery-break-ins-Amish-community-robbers-cut-hair-beards-victims.html#ixzz1a5uk0kZ5

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Yeah, Peter ... I dislike a lot of people in general but chose to like individuals who are my type of people.  There are even a few of them in the cities.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Native_NM

There are about a million extra cars on the road for the big balloon fiesta this week.  Half the drivers are nuts.  This morning I'm leaving a parking lot near the freeway with my wife and daughters, and this guy in a big F350 nearly hits us as he ran through a stop sign.  He had his phone in one hand, and was trying to take a pic with his camera in the other.  He has his family in his truck, and he's driving like an idiot.  My wife actually saw him or we might have crashed.  You might think end of story.  He drives past me and I shake my head in the universal "you are an idiot and I can't believe you are on the cell phone and trying to taking a pic at the same time" way.  I made no rude gestures and didn't honk.  Just shook my head.  A few seconds later the guy pulls up next to me, and starts screaming.  His wife's window is down and he's motioning for me to put my window down.  My wife tells me to ignore him, but I'm curious.  I roll my window down.

Crazy guy:  "You have a %#%^#$ problem with the way I drive %#&#%?!"   

Me:  "Are you serious? You just ran a stop sign. Have a little respect for the other people on the road."

Crazy guy: "Pull over %#%^# and I'll teach you some &%$&# respect....."

Me  (to his wife): "I bet you regret marrying him every day......see ya"

I drive off, and wonder for a second if he is going to follow.  My wife thinks he is going to start shooting or something. 

I frequently get sick of a lot of people, also.  I realize he is the extreme example, but there sure seem to be a lot like him these days.  The guy runs a stop sign, and its my fault for shaking my head. 

I joke with my wife all the time I want 1000 acres with a small cabin right in the middle.  She thinks I'm joking.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

NM_Shooter

I avoid the International Balloon Fiasco as much as possible.  We had them land in the arroyo behind our house again this year, and as always, they get out there in a 10k#van and get stuck.  More likely than not, the crew is half toasted by 10am too. 

However, I would like to thank them for breaking our drought. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Gary O

Shooter, yer killin' me!
I don't know whether to nod my head and get mad with you, or LMAO.

My bride always tells me I'm gonna get shot one day, but yeah, I can't let a goof ball off if he's endangering the rest of us.
No road rage, just taking opportunity as it arises.

Friend of mine wanted me to ride shotgun on his city route.
Step van
Driver's seat broken, but it didn't matter cause he stood 6' 11". He was in the looks like 300 but weighs in at 400 category.
Still, all you could see was his head in the side window.
Couple guys in a sporty car cuts us off.
Bill toots the horn. Just a short blast or two, letting them know we was there.
The guy slams on his breaks and they both jump outta the car, walkin' fast up to our rig.
Adrenalin is pumpin' as we nod to each other.
Bill slides open the van door and stands up, and keeps risin'.
His shadow envelopes sporty car guy.
Now Bill had this countenance about him that makes one think he's pissed. Arched eyebrows, heavy black beard, largish face.
Sporty car guy looks up and looses control of himself.
Both boys got a bit whiter than usual.
We drove off. Leaving them standing there, reassessing what coulda happened.
Bill was a fun guy.
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Native_NM

I'm not a big guy, so that wouldn't work for me.  I usually don't say much.  Ignoring guys like that usually makes them madder.  Sometimes one has to speak up. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Gary O

Ya done good.
It's good to give one pause when they do something like run a stop sign and not even know it.
Incredible.
Not sure of equipment these days, but when I was drivin' semi, people would scoot smack dab in front of me all the time.
Thing is, there's a bit of lag time after pressing the brake on a semi, so you learn to keep that cushion with the vehicle in front of you, and keep the brake pedal covered when in traffic, for the next time you need that precious split second.
It teaches one patience, patience with the mouth breathing troglodytes that somehow was given a license to drive.
I'm astounded there aren't more accidents.

Sassy

Quote from: Gary O on October 09, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

It teaches one patience, patience with the mouth breathing troglodytes that somehow was given a license to drive.
I'm astounded there aren't more accidents.

Ya better watch out for the Underground Troglodyte - he can be unpredictable!!! 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

rick91351

My favorite non sociable moment is I am driving down the railroad track and have a punk kid and his stupid girl friend stop in the middle of a crossing give me the finger.  Then pull off the crossing just before I waste them.  Or the double take from some texting cell phone driver.  Holy %#$@ where did that train come from?  It is not a secret that trains use railroad track is it?  That is why I want the 1000 acres and a cabin in the middle of it.  People are just flat stupid.       
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

AdironDoc

Loved George Carlin, who so eloquently summed it up:

To passing driver: "why ya driving so fast, you friggin' maniac? where's the fire?"
To driver being passed: "put some gas in it, gramps, we want to get there this year! Jeez!"
To himself, "why are there so many friggin' crazies driving these days?... nobody driving normal, like me"

Gary O

Quote from: Sassy on October 09, 2011, 10:47:27 PM
Ya better watch out for the Underground Troglodyte - he can be unpredictable!!! 

Yeah, Sassy, I thought of that (since I used Glenn's handle for spell check), but figured it was just a good cover. I mean they taught him to drive truck, and you got him walkin' around on his hind legs and steered him away from havin' dinner over the kitchen sink.....and I'm sure the toilet seat principle will one day be like 2nd nature......
Then again, he may very well be THEE troglodyte.
Guess I better watch my six.

Gary O

Quote from: AdironDoc on October 09, 2011, 10:59:22 PM
  "why are there so many friggin' crazies driving these days?... nobody driving normal, like me"

What, me?
The wife has to be our navigator mainly 'cause I usually auto pilot myself to work most every time we go somewhere.
There was the time a few decades ago, we were on our way home, I'd been working around the clock, and she was jabbering away about something (?) in a soothing droning monotone.
Happened to look my direction and commenced to scream uncontrollably.
Seems my head was bobbing on my left shoulder along with a string of drool and we were headed off road to Beulah land.
Scared hell outta me.
Wimin are so excitable.

Other times I've been known to sit at a 4-way stop waiting for the light to change. People get so impatient.

Are you blind??!!
I once blasted the couple ahead of us when the light changed, only to find out a hunched over blind man was making his way across the intersection.
Yeah, I don't need a cell phone to do a bad bad.

One time, at a 4-way stop, this lady was intimidated with the sequence. So she just froze. Several cars pass.
A gentleman, his turn, gets outta his car, lays down a mime red carpet, sweeps off his pretend three musketeers hat, and bade the lady thru the intersection.
Several honked their approval.

One time a gentleman chose to stroll over and discuss my driving technique. It appears his, count three and punch it, was deemed superior to my 'make eye contact' regimen.
I asked him if he could somehow find a way to bear it.
Seems he couldn't.
I was tired. No adrenalin.
Chose not to get out.
Car doors have a great potential to defuse a situation by creating immediate distance between parties when the moment arises. Twice.

NM_Shooter

Hmmmmm.  Drivers who act as though the road is theirs alone make me crazy. 

On a slightly different note, I had a friend of mine do some Texas bashing the other day.  I suspect that she has never been there.  I used to hate everything Texan, but then my job market dried up and I moved there.  After having once sworn that I would never set foot in Texas, I married there and had two daughters born there.  So much for self-principles. 

Anyway, a couple of things struck me as amazing about Texans, specifically those in Houston and in mid-TX  (Killeen-ish). 

1)  Most courteous drivers I've ever seen.  Not unusual for folks to pull onto the shoulder if you come up behind them on two lane highways.
2)  Absolutely most chivalrous (sp?) gents.  My wife worked downtown Houston, and she said that in the lobby, every elevator was held open for ladies to enter and exit first, no matter how many guys were waiting for the elevator. 
3)  Seriously helpful people.  An evaluation done of most friendly cities, and Houston came in second.  One test had a person holding a map and looking at a street sign to see how long it would take someone to offer assistance.  That test was difficult to complete, because people kept insisting to walk the person to their destination.
4)  I have to respect their insane pride of their home state and country.  More Americans should be that proud.

It sure isn't my type of environmental climate.  But if I had to choose a home if trouble was on the horizon I would probably pick TX. 

Still hate the Cowboys though  :P
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

That's interesting Shooter.
I've only been to Texas once, won't ever go again (I doubt I'll ever leave Va/NC again) and blew a lot of what I thought Texans were like.

The laws there were horrible. The Cops had their hands tied, Private investigators might as well stay home and criminals love to run there because Texas doesn't really like to extradite.

This actually got one of my sources murdered while I was there and the Killeen Investigators had to ask the FBI to ask me to give them my files because they hadn't bothered to retain any of the information (Other than asking me to go home) 

That said, the Texans I worked with were as mannerly and easy going as any Southerner and I made friends I still keep up with 30 years later.

A few other memories are that there were NO CAR RENTAL companies in Kileen and I had to be chauffeured around. I was amazed that there were no saloons (Bars) but there was a private club on every block that cost a dollar to join. ???
I got some great deals in the Pawn shops there ;D
Last, I didn't see a single Cowboy hat except on a not very attractive young lady.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Gary O

Ah, Texas
Met up with some crazy wild fun folks there.
When I was in Houston it was a bit of a melting pot.
Lotsa hard working folk, and yes, they were more then cordial, and their chivalry was exemplary.
I think the western attire was mostly up north, Dallas, Abilene, maybe Austin.

Seems the law was pretty decent, but never had to deal with their legal system, with the exception of a few overnight inspections of city/county jail cells...........

Between oil field jobs, I worked at a private golf course.
River Oaks Country Club.
Quite the area, and a good example of how things once were.
River Oaks blvd had this huge entry gate. More symbolic than functional. This separated tiny houses outside the gate from the mansions within.
Pillared edifices with huge manicured grounds lined the boulevard, ending with the 'club house', pillars, fountains, white jacketed people of color opening doors, stepping, fetching. 'Yah, suh'.
I was mowing tees one Saturday morning, and shut my equipment down to give the twosome a shot at the green on this par three.
These guys were owners of things, like NFL teams.
Before they got into their swing regimen I asked if any of them knew what time it was.
'Is he talking to you?'
I didn't realize that my ranking as a member of the human race did not rate higher than a third person, an entity to ignore, snub, or order to bring something.
'They wouldn't give me the time of day' became a reality for me that morning.
I watched the dried up, bitter old geezer, twist his beef jerky torso and flail his pretzel arms, culminating in a feeble swing, sending yet another worm burner half way to the hole.

Sad, but this, among all atrocious, is what I hate most.
Yeah, there's idiots that happen to drive, kids (18-28) that need a good spanking, and haters that in reality fear people that are not like them, and just downright mean people.
But, I so wish for the self appointed royalty to be brought down, disrobed of their haughtiness, and abased in front of their subjects.

Now, the day here begins, and I must rule.