At last!

Started by CREATIVE1, April 30, 2007, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CREATIVE1

I think I can OFFICIALLY post to this forum now!  Finalizing changes to Victoria Cottage, ready in a week or so to send to the structural engineer and then submit to the building department.  A  bit of a hitch getting here.  My husband took our carpenter friend to Washington last winter to tour the state and look at our site and ended up on MSNBC, the Seattle PI, national talk shows, etc., etc.  (Google "Claude Hite" if you're interested.) He was even interviewed on our property!  Lesson here: Hoh Rain Forest in the rainy season is a no-no.  Good news: carpenter still wants to help with the project.

glenn-k

Nothing like going for all the glory at once. :-/

What a way to get famous.

Looking forward to hearing more of your project, and you have always been official here. :)

CREATIVE1

The park service built a temporary road and got it out in late December.  They were concerned about damage to their building without electricity, and wanted to repair the connection, luckily for us.  Otherwise, we might have been better off buying a non-VW, non-Subaru, not our kinda car.

jraabe

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/298512_rentalcar05.html

Woahhh Nellie. I am so glad that winter is finally over! I didn't have any mud slides but I do have enough chain saw work on my little patch of ground to keep me busy for weeks.

I know more than a few warm climate folks who thought they wanted to live in Washington - many are packing those bags again after this winter. :-X

CREATIVE1

Well, they say the grass is always greener.  But in Florida it is burning.  About 250 fires in the state right now, smog worse than LA-games and outdoor activities cancelled--lakes are literally disappearing and trees are dying.  

Pala

Welcome to the forum...

... and the Olympic Peninsula.

::)

chuck.