Why does land cost so much?

Started by ScottA, April 01, 2010, 12:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

Talk about thread drift. We went from land to the carbon credit scam. You guys are good.  :)

MountainDon

One of the things 'wrong' with the internet is that nothing ever seems to disappear. There are times that is good.

Another thing that is sometimes 'wrong' with the internet is that anybody can publish anything, including mistaken views, incorrect information, outright lies and so on. And those never go away either. However, we don't want to have limits such as those imposed by China, Iran, North Korea or even Australia. Australia has a classification system that could be abused by the government.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship

A healthy dose of skepticism can do everyone good at some point.

The real crazy thing is that something like those things could even make into a proposed piece of legislature.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

QuoteAnother thing that is sometimes 'wrong' with the internet is that anybody can publish anything, including mistaken views, incorrect information, outright lies and so.

You're right. The news media does it every day.

pagan

It all depends on whose side the particular media outlet is on that dictates the tone of the report/article. Someone with a strong anti-government stance will, undoubtedly, focus on any aspect of a particular bill that would grant the government more power or add to government intrusion in our lives. Seems a lot of people have embraced the "victim" culture and are always attempting to portray themselves as being victims of something, even if it's their own imaginations.

OlJarhead

For the record I am not in favor of the Federal Government's land holdings and beleive that all land should be given back to the states with the exception of the land held within the bounds of the constitution.

Having said that, it is then up to the sovereign states to decide what to do with their land.

There is a great book out there which details private vs. public land holdings and it would appear that the best cared for land is private land.  Having said that, I'm not opposed to private ownership of all land within the US -- I AM HOWEVER opposed to an increase in population and believe we fail ourselves by adhering to economy by growth.

We need to drop the Keynesian point of view, dump economy by growth and adopt a more modern approach of sustainability and population stability.

Just my 2c

glenn kangiser

Quote from: eddiescabin on April 08, 2010, 05:10:18 AM
I notice the one with the biggest mouth can barely spell.  Shhh, your education is showing!  

Eddie,

Once there was a guy who wanted to go to the prom but he had a wooden eye so most of the girls didn't want to be seen with him.

His buddies came up with a solution.

They knew a gal who also wanted to go to the prom and she was very beautiful, but she was very self-conscious about her ear.  One of them was very large and stuck out through her hair.  The guys told their buddy about her and he agreed it sounded like it would work out.

They set up an opportunity for them to meet and the young fellow asked her,

"Would you like to go to the prom with me?"

The young lady was overcome with joy..... "Would I,   Would I ???  :)  "

The young man immediately yelled back "Big ear, Big ear,"  and took off, never to get another date to go to the prom.

What is the point? [noidea'

All people are handicapped in different ways and if we call attention to the handicap rather than learning what knowledge they have to offer, then we will never get to go to the prom.

It's better when you play nice and that is the rule here.   Everyone will benefit more if we do not show our own stupidity by name calling and rude remarks.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

bayview

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 11, 2010, 09:47:32 AM
Quote from: eddiescabin on April 08, 2010, 05:10:18 AM
I notice the one with the biggest mouth can barely spell.  Shhh, your education is showing!  

Eddie,

Once there was a guy who wanted to go to the prom but he had a wooden eye so most of the girls didn't want to be seen with him.

His buddies came up with a solution.

They knew a gal who also wanted to go to the prom and she was very beautiful, but she was very self-conscious about her ear.  One of them was very large and stuck out through her hair.  The guys told their buddy about her and he agreed it sounded like it would work out.

They set up an opportunity for them to meet and the young fellow asked her,

"Would you like to go to the prom with me?"

The young lady was overcome with joy..... "Would I,   Would I ???  :)  "

The young man immediately yelled back "Big ear, Big ear,"  and took off, never to get another date to go to the prom.

What is the point? [noidea'

All people are handicapped in different ways and if we call attention to the handicap rather than learning what knowledge they have to offer, then we will never get to go to the prom.

It's better when you play nice and that is the rule here.   Everyone will benefit more if we do not show our own stupidity by name calling and rude remarks.... [waiting]

Quite philosophical . . .    I never knew you had it in you Glenn!  To take that old joke and make it into something so extraordinary.   I hope you don't mind me using it someday . . .    Thanks!

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

glenn kangiser

My pleasure, Bayview... help yourself.. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.