Yahoo Photos closing Sept. 20th

Started by glenn-k, June 29, 2007, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Yahoo is closing and deleting Yahoo Photos Sept 20th.  You can download your photos back to your computer at full resolution or they will help you migrate them to Photobucket, flickr or a couple other services after you sign in to your account.

Check details of other services closing - I think it also includes Yahoo Messenger.

benevolance

what the hell is going on...

Yahoo photos was the best thing on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For internet computer dummies like me it was a lifesaver!

plug camera into computer go to yahoo and directly transfer the pics to a page no writing or anything... point and click.... presto

Which sadly is about the limit of my photo website digital camera skills :-/

glenn-k

Made me mad, but a bad thing about them is that they blocked your photos so they wouldn't work on Countryplans -- maybe the first time then they blocked the link - I'm through with Yahoo because of this and will not use flickr either - they own it -- when will it close and leave you hanging,  Photobucket has no such problem.

benevolance

Glenn

I kid you not... Photobucket is not something I navigate or comprehend easily

When I tell you I am a cave man troggie I was not joking around..

Which makes me upset because I would have dozens of yahoo albums with cars and parts for customers....Man it was just too easy to set my business up with yahoo photos

glenn-k

Sign in to your Yahoo acount while you still can and have them transfer it to Photobucket.  That part is easy and your photos will  be saved.  They may make sub albums but moving them around to other albums has been made very simple by Photobucket and getting image tags to post here or on your other uses is already done for you with 3 choices to just copy.  Very simple.  Trust me - you can do it. :)

benevolance

glenn

please no laughing....I signed into my yahoo photos site and am looking at the pics...Is there a link I am missing to transfer the pics to photobucket?

fourx

http://imageshack.us/ is easier to use, I find. You may need to download your pics from Yahoo back to My pictures on your computer, then transfer them to ImageShack. Quick and easy.

benevolance

I dunno about quick and easy I have hundreds and hundreds of car pics in my computer all mis-matched... :-/

fourx

Hey, let Bill Gates handle it- that's what you pay him for ( ..and pay and pay and pay and..)

glenn-k

I went there and it offered me Photobucket as an option to transfer to.  I said do it - clicked a button and it was done in a few hours with no help from me.  They did a pretty good job of sorting them out -and I combined the files and moved them as I wanted after they were done- painless - really -- I found I didn't need to download them to my computer after I had already done it but still had them do the transfer.  It's there somewhere.  I can't get back into mine to look because after the transfer was done they closed my account.

benevolance

maybe it is because I have the canadian version of yahoo....

Dunno why photobucket is not offered as an option... Just trying to bounce ideas around here.

glenn-k

Maybe they are not closing the Canadian version of Yahoo, eh?   :-?