For the advanced wood workers!!!!

Started by Jimmy C., June 12, 2007, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy C.

For the advanced wood workers!!!!
When I have completed the house, the next logical step.......Build a car out of wood!

The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

John_C

I like the first one.  Any of them would keep you off the streets and out of trouble for quite a while.  And don't forget pictures, we all want pictures.  :)

glenn kangiser

The first one is cool -- looks like Bill Clinton's cigar.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I'd like to see what PEG would build.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn-k

Want to do this stuff :-?

don't forget about the free wood handbook download - 486 pages PDF 14 MB also in out free stuff section.

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr113/fplgtr113.htm

Not often our .gov does something good -- guess we should take advantage of it. :)

benevolance

There is a guy up the street building a 49 woody wagon ford hot rod... Man it is just awesome....

( inch rear mustang II front... 302 engine with the c-6.. vintage air...Had the glass tinted really nice retro looking...

All the wood was done by an old guy nearby he took all the old pieces out and replicated each piece one at a time and then they put er back together

I would say the car is going to be worth $50,000 when done...It is about 95% finished...

MountainDon

I'd love to see pictures...  :)

...maybe in the Hot Rod Corner??

benevolance

I will see what i can do...

He has started to drive it a little...It is in almost done stage and the guy has got the fever.. you know what I am talking about...

No interior in the car,...driving it around on an old bucket seat...It is painted and the driveline is done tweaked and then tweaked some more...

I never get the awesome projects....Bought a 72 chevy half ton to convert a 67 to 5 lug disk brakes last night... on the way back from taking the wife out to supper..

Hot rodding is a lot of fun if you forget about working outside in the 95 degree heat