Tears

Started by sparks, December 17, 2012, 12:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

Can't watch the news any longer.....all I do is cry

Young children...6...7....years old.......why?

Makes no sense what so ever........

What is happening to us?

Is civility becoming something of the past?

Are some falling thru the  cracks?

Or is it just a sign of the times, a point where mankind needs to take a damn good look at itself?

Sure wish I had a clue.......

sparks

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

MushCreek

We just had a family shooting here in upstate SC. Witnesses said the shooter spent the whole day watching news coverage of the CT shootings before turning a gun on his own family. Do we really need such over-saturated news coverage? How many other nut-jobs are getting 'inspiration' from all of the fame the gun man is receiving? I can't watch anymore- I turn the news off after catching the weather.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

Tickhill

Yes it is tragic, but until we as a nation become outraged over the killing of the unborn as we are about school children, then things will only get worse. No matter what laws/decrees are passed. This slope started with Row V. Wade. We are seeing a generation that has grown up with the mindset that does not cherish life, and we are reaping what we have sown as a nation.

Now we have groups that want to play on the sympathies of the nation, "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." Rahm Emanuel

We are taking a good look at ourselves as a nation, and we don't like what we see in the mirror and it reflects in the events we are witnessing every day.

Please pray for the families that lost loved ones in all these tragedies, they understand what sanctity of life is.

"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

peternap

I'm going to give an honest response.
It's heart wrenching but just like every tragic shooting, I have about 3 minutes to morn before I have to start beating the idiots that are calling for gun control.

I'm not talking about the usual idiots....I'm on a hunting board where everyone should know better....Hell no, there are some crying for background checks at gunshows.

Has nothing to do with stealing Mom's guns and shooting her in the face before going on a rampage but the soccer mom in them just has to do something >:( >:(

My response was not well liked by those that can't see the difference rofl

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

Unfortunately, this is fodder for the liberal news who have an agenda to push, and that includes gun control.  We almost never hear about the times that an armed citizen protects themselves and others. 

Here is a good commentary:

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

rick91351

This is a tough one to write I think as you will see......

I plead as I have to others.  Until you have lived with someone with this condition you will never know the hell they put you through.  The lost sleep worrying if they are coming for you.  The calls in the middle of the night with rants and raves of killing someone and then have you or the police kill them.  Attempting to take their own life seven times in one year.  You become pretty numb.  Yet if you would meet this person in the street they are the nicest person on earth.  Behind closed door they are Jekyll and Hyde.  Counselors  and mental heath professionals gave up.  There is no enough proof or we were making it all up.  Nor did they understand what was manifesting its self at the time.   I found people such as this had more rights or so I felt than I / we did.

Then it started to get worse.  One night they called and were going to blow up their apartment with gas.  My wife laughed, this person there is no gas in the apartment and hung up.  Wrong; this person had been going around and collected and collected all the propane bottles from BBQs he could get his hands on.  Then opened them up took a mass of meds and went went down for the count.  Some one smelled the propane and dialed 911 and evacuated the building.  You ought to have read what this person wrote about us on the walls of that apartment.  They got this person out, revived and off to the hospital.  That same person flipped out on us down town in front of God and everyone.  He was looking passed me and screaming he was going to kill the bitch and looking at their own mother.  I had this person arrested and grandparents bailed him out.   This person has been institutionalization a couple times and returned to society because he has his rights.   Then I still from time to time have people say if you would raised him differently to which I just smile and nod of course they are correct.  After all it cannot be a mental illness.  This person is so nice and looks nice and talks nice.  Must be our fault.  So I nod and smile----that is a lot more polite than to say F--K You.  You know so much.....

I can tell you this if that person in Conn wanted to what he did he would have done it.  Be it with five gallons of gasoline, or a couple home made bombs.  Guns are not the problem...... but if he would have been raised differently......... 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

NM_Shooter

Rick, I am truly sorry.  I hope you find comfort and he finds peace. 

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

You're a special person Rick!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

harry51

This is a letter to the editor I submitted. I'm really concerned that we're going to see more of this kind of thing, and the perps will be akin to what we saw at Ft. Hood.

What to Do About School Shootings

The first recorded school murders in the U.S. took place in 1764 near Greencastle, PA. Four Lenape Indian warriors killed the schoolmaster and at least 9 children. School murders have occurred periodically for a very long time in the U.S. and in many other countries around the world. Motives are sometimes political, racial, or religious, but are most often personal issues harbored by a criminally insane perpetrator.
How can we prevent these troubled people from committing these unbelievably heinous acts? The first response from many is that we must limit access to guns, for they are the most common tool used in these crimes. It is easy to say, and many want to believe, that simply removing guns from the hands of private citizens would solve the problem once and for all. Or would it?
If we could wave a magic wand and make every firearm not in the possession of the authorities disappear instantly, would those obsessed with mass murder be stopped in their tracks? Or would they pursue different methods to the same end, such as bombs, like the ones Andrew Kehoe used to kill 38 in the Bath, Mi. school disaster, or knives, like a jilted teenage boy in China used in the summer of 2012 to kill nine people, or an automobile, like Pricilla Ford used to kill 6 and injure 26 in Reno, or arson, like Julio Gonzalez used to kill 87 in New York in 1990?  Any number of other strategies could be utilized by someone bent on mass killing. Clearly, the possibilities are endless, and circumstances favorable to the creation of deadly scenarios are common. The take-away is that even a total removal of all privately held firearms would do little to eliminate opportunities for deranged persons to commit mass murder.
On the other hand, such a removal would preclude any law-abiding citizen from using a firearm for self-defense, or the defense of others, as was done recently in Early, TX, where a citizen used his revolver to save the life of a police officer.  This leaves disarmed citizens at the mercy of criminals, who by definition  ignore gun laws just as they do any other law they find inconvenient. Based on the experience of jurisdictions where guns have been banned, it's certain that we would see a net increase in the number of victims, not a reduction.
Since we know that schools are magnets for homicidal sociopaths and terrorists, we must recognize that our children must be safeguarded the way we guard everything else we value highly. We employ armed security at banks, malls, factories, even parking lots. This is the only option we have that can make a positive difference. We should seriously consider proposals like the 2006 legislation Rep. Frank Lasee introduced in Wisconsin to arm teachers.
"To make our schools safe for our students to learn, all options should be on the table," he said. "Israel and Thailand have well-trained teachers carrying weapons and keeping their children safe from harm. It can work in Wisconsin."

Whether it's armed teachers and administrators, or police officers assigned to school duty, it's time to install effective security measures at all our schools, including strict controls on access to the premises, that can't be defeated by simply breaking a window as was done at Sandy Hook, and most importantly, on-site personnel prepared to fight to defend our kids if need be. As long as our schools remain soft targets, they will continue to attract the deranged and those who wish to hurt us as deeply as possible. We must take measures to at least create a chance to stop the perps before they get started. Calling for help after the carnage begins is clearly not even remotely good enough!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

MountainDon

Very well stated Harry!

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Rick, I don't know what to say... it's very touching you shared that with us.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.