Special Discounts at Lowe's

Started by MountainDon, September 11, 2007, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

I've been wanting to replace a gate valve (plumbing) here with a ball valve for some time, but just never got around to it. Then today an email arrived from Lowe's with some available discounts and I rushed down to Lowe's to get my 50%  :o off the ball valve! Wonderful timing for a change.  :)

Then I thought of spilling the beans here as to how to go about getting the specials.

It's done through the Lowe's For Pros website   http:/forpros.lowes.com  or if that doesn't work LowesForPros.com    You must register, but the only info needed is personal, the business info is optional.  :-/

After that every so often you will receive an email touting something or another. Today got lucky. Frequently there's nothing that I need or care about. You download a PDF sales sheet and print it. There's a barcode for whatever the special is. Lowe's scans it and voilá, special price!  I'm not a pro and have never been questioned when presenting one of the special deal coupons.

I have no idea if this is done on a local or a national basis.

You can also login to the Pro site at anytime and check to see what offers may be available. So you don't need the special email invitation. My local current offers also include:
$6 off a 25 ft yellow 12/3 three outlet extension cord
10% off 2x4's x 8 ft
20% off some caulks and sealants
20% off long handled tools (shovels, hoes, that sort of thing)
10% off all chain link fabric
20% off Owens Corning in stock 30 yr shingles
discounts on select tools, etc.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Preston

The secret to being boring is to say everything.  --Voltaire

MountainDon

Current offers include 10% off some PT lumber.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Currently, ends 04/30/08 Lowe's for Pros has 20% discount on all Square D brand circuit breakers. I'm going to get at least one of the arc fault sensing type. They're expensive at full price. Maybe a GFCI as well.

They can be used for DC circuits up to 24 VDC (NEC approved), 60 amps maximum.
10 % off studs
... other stuff too  but those caught my eye.

eric

Thanks for that, Don. I wonder if one could take these printouts to Home Depot for an additional 10% discount.

Bwahahaha
supercalifragilisticsammydavisjunior

MountainDon

The August discounts include a bar code coupon for 10% off Durock 3'x5'x1/2" backer board

:)

$10.05 at my local Lowe's and HD boxes. Less the 10% knocks off a full dollar.

Bishopknight

I just signed up for this. I'll let you know how I make out!