Seeing is believing. Or is it??

Started by MountainDon, October 17, 2007, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Here's an optical illusion. Look at the square with the A and the square with the B. A appears to be darker than B, right?

It's not. The 2 squares are actually the same shade of gray. I didn't believe it myself so I opened the image in Photoshop and copied a section from A and a section from B. I pasted the pieces into a new image and here it is. I enlarged the image by a factor of 2. No other tricks. It's all in your head.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

nawww, still doesn't seem possible!  :-?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

It is hard to believe... We do like to trust our eyes (seeing is believing and all that :-[).

I enlarged the image and still couldn't see it. But - here are two selective patches copied into the same image.

None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

If you squint your eyes real tight ---

to real tiny slits

so little light gets through

and stare at it for a few seconds

you can see that

the colors are

the

same.

8-)

Don't you think

other

people in

the room

watching you

do this

think

you look

real stupid? :)

Like--- what the hell is he/she on?? ;D
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

It's something to do with the brain recognizing the pattern and needing to make it work. That shadow gets it confused. Or something along those lines. Weird and cool.