Propane BBQ Grills

Started by MountainDon, October 16, 2007, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

My 12 year old second hand garage sale special gas grill that I was using up in the mountains has pretty much reached the end of its useful life. The burner unit is about rusted/burned out. The flame spreader / splash shield / whatever it's called, is nearly as holed as swiss cheese. The wire cooking grill is worn/rusted away in places to about half of the original thickness.... Ya'll get the idea.

I've concluded I don't want to spend the time and money to resurrect it, although it does have a certain quaint charm. At an annually amortized cost of $0.36 it doesn't owe me anything I guess.  :-/

The point of all this:   Do you have a suggestion for a well made small (max 200 sq. in.) propane grill??

I'm interested in the Weber Baby-Q (Q100) portable gas grill. Anyone have one?
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Baby-100-Portable-Grill/dp/B0000E6GHI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5982887-5612748?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1192587236&sr=8-1

I figure I can re-use the legs from the old one.  ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Looks good, Don, but I have no experience with it.

I always barbecue with Oak.  I just need the carcinogens from the smoke. :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Bought my husband a gas grill two years ago for Father's Day... it is a cheaper brand, but we're happy with it.  Use it all the time and keeps me from having to do all the cooking.   I like the fact that it also has a small burner on the side for a tea kettle or soup or whatever... during our kitchen remodel last winter, we did a lot of cooking outdoors on it, and during the summer, we use it way more than the stove indoors.   I think most of them are pretty decent now, and as long as you take care of them, oughtta last a good long while.

benevolance

i do not use gas grilles either glenn.... well we have a portable that packs up we use it for camping.... instead of a coleman stove... I have a weber charcoal grille here at the house and would not want anything else.... 20 years old and still works and looks great

MountainDon

The Weber Baby-Q arrived. It works well, I like it. It has a nice porcelain coated cast iron grill (heavy) and a good drip (grease) catcher tray. Here it is on the recycled legs (new paint) with a piece of expanded metal where the old grill used to be.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.