First night on the new dirt.

Started by SkagitDrifter, May 28, 2008, 05:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkagitDrifter

Well we finally did it...  Spent the night in our temporary digs out at our property.  We bought a beater camper from a neighbor, built a small but functional deck and made it feel just like home. 
Did a prelim layout of the cabin and really got a feel for the place.
By the time the weekend was over I was ready to scrap my real life and stay over there for good.  I guess I will have to make that transition a bit more gradually.  Plans are in for permit - next time over we dig the hole.  Got to be dried in before the snow.  Really need to start the push, 4.5 months will be gone in a flash.
Hope you all had a great long weekend.

Tom

New home away from home.

Camper down in the clearing- next to where the cabin will sit.

Breakfast in the middle of nowhere.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Redoverfarm

Way to go SkagitDrifter.  Now the real work will start. Nice view.   The location is sort of in the valley like.  Should be some protection from the wind and maybe drifting snow.  Is the land from where the photograph was taken yours? Like the rock  ;).

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

SkagitDrifter

Quote from: Redoverfarm on May 28, 2008, 05:49:45 PM
Way to go SkagitDrifter.  Now the real work will start. Nice view.   The location is sort of in the valley like.  Should be some protection from the wind and maybe drifting snow.  Is the land from where the photograph was taken yours? Like the rock  ;).

I thought the same thing.  Down in the clearing the view is still really nice and you have some protection from the wind.
Yes, the photo was taken from the property corner- the lot lays out 660 ft x 1320 ft.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

glenn kangiser

Looks great Tom.  Who needs "civilization" anyway?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Willy

Hey that looks better than when I started! There was snow on the ground, woke up to 8 deg weather and no propane to heat the trailer!! One thing I did say when I was doing the roof in 90+ deg weather the cold was not that bad after all. Nice part is you got your dog with you for company and I bet he is enjoying the time out there the most! Mark

Sassy

BTW, are those wildflowers you picked?  Table setting looks just like a bed & breakfast!   8)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

ScottA

Wow, what a great spot. Lots of work ahead but it will be well worth it.  [cool]