Sign of the times

Started by Redoverfarm, July 03, 2008, 06:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

In the past week I have had two people come to my house that have ran out of gas.  Either they are too tight to spend it or in such a hurry they forget.  Either way I can see that this is going to be a real issue in the months to come.  Being that this is a rural county alot of people think there is a gas station every mile or so.  In fact some area's you can go for 20-30 miles without anything but an occassional neighbor.  But seeing myself in a "out of gas " situation I usually keep a couple extra cans on hand and hope that someone will help me if and when the time comes.

ScottA

I'd sell it to them for 10 bucks a gallon and give them a lift back to their car.  d*

desdawg

I bought some gas last week and this week it was still the same price. Surprised me. That hadn't happened for some time. At $145/barrel I don't suppose it will happen again anytime soon.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Redoverfarm

Scott actually the one yesterday was on a Suzuki scooter from Roanoke that ran out on the main road and drifted halfway to the house on the driveway.  Didn't have to run him anywhere. I have had a few that the low fuel warning light was on and I directed them to the station.  Then I called the station to make sure they made it OK. I would say that some may try to take advantage since gas is so high.