Building Director Resigns - rather than get fired

Started by glenn kangiser, October 30, 2009, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

QuoteBuilding Director Resigns

Fred Lustenberger, Mariposa County Building Director, has resigned his position effective November 6, 2009. The Board of Supervisors wishes Fred well in his future endeavors.

The contractors association ( a group of 50) went to the board of supervisors and had him sent down the road.

Sometimes it is possible to get rid of a real jerk.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

considerations

They must have seen the bucket of tar and the sacks of feathers in the back of your pick up.  ;)

glenn kangiser

:)

Friends of mine in the contractors association said they didn't invite me to help because they thought I would get myself into trouble... [waiting]

This guy decided he would generate revenue in any way possible to keep all his staff on at the expense of the public, even though there have only been a handful of permits issued this year.  He was requiring grading permits of well drillers to grade a path to a drilling machine pad as well as plumbing, septic and building permits before the well was done.

He was on a vendetta against owner builders.  The contractors association brought that up as a point in their speech to oust him.  Nearly everyone around here including the Supervisors and the old building inspector has and will continue to owner build their small projects without a permit when out of sight of the government building.

His permit amnesty program going back 20 years is costing owner-builders who were scared enough to turn themselves in, thousands of dollars for simple projects.  Around 30 people turned themselves in.  I got my exhaustive chain of title back to the John C Fremont grant from the Federal government, installed a gate a quarter mile away at the start of my driveway, put up more constitutional no tresspassing signs, blocked an extra access road and loaded my shotgun. [crz]

Change does not come easy up here. :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Dave Sparks

They must have been a good friends.......

Common sense prevailed!  I love it when "life in the big city" does not quite cut it for "extreme rural"

I have a client in N. Mexico that had to jump thru all kinds of hoops for a 125 acre parcel that had a neighbor 22 miles away. He had to build high density housing on his parcel to make them happy.  The solution was a barn with bunkbeds and a communal kitchen and bath.  Yep Jerks are about!

Hey Glen, I know this is not the place, but in the spirit of this subject, can you PM me if there is a local who can for a fee recieve and do  legal paperwork for a firearm?
"we go where the power lines don't"

glenn kangiser

Some city slickers still don't get it.  This is the wild wild west. [waiting]

You got it, Dave - I'll tell you what I know. :)

Okie_Bob

Well, Glenn, I'm very glad to see that my absense hasn't caused any change in your (and my) feelings
about Uncle Sugar! So far, I'm still good. Not a single problem (and not a single permit) on my lake house or garage/shop
and it's complete now. Guess the only thing left to worry about is tax man when he finds out what I've done and he hasn't
raised my taxes yet! But, been finished now over two years and still hangin in there.
(Good to see you still givin'em hell too)
Okie Bob

glenn kangiser

Great to see you remember us once in a while, BoB. :)

Just remember, you never , never, never legally have to allow the assessor onto your property and they cannot even legally get a warrant to get onto or into your property.  They MUST always have your permission.

The building inspector can only get on your property to see an un-permitted building or improvement if you are causing problems that damage a member of the public and they file an official complaint.  You have the right to face your accuser to so they have to reveal who it is.  None of this anonymous bull crap.  The inspector must have a warrant from a judge stating what he wants to see.  At least that is my understanding and what I am standing by.

I have my paperwork back to the original patent - all titles, so since that is a Federal Patent to John C Fremont giving title to John and his heirs and assigns, it must be a Federal warrant.  I am an assign through exhaustive chain of title.  The county is not listed as an owner, so for them to do something or require me to do something constitutes a taking of the land so they must purchase it from me.

I have my Constitutional NO TRESPASSING signs all over.  Note the very important LAND USE FEE.  Write them an  invoice personally to them and collect in small claims court - reduce the amount to tne maximum allowed in small claims if necessary.  Get their official ID - drivers license - home address etc.   It is your right.  

None of this badge crap.  I can replicate any of their ID's on my computer or a tin badge in my garage by casting it.  Anybody can make one of their little ID's. Require real proof they are who they say they are and not some scammer looking to steal your stuff.  I feel it's time for the people to take a stand against this illegal ex-post facto intrusive crap and I preach that all over this area.  I heard that some of my drivel helped a guy to get to build his log cabin here.  His 80 YO  dad heard about me and came over to ask questions.  I made it clear this was my opinion and the way I do it - no guarantees what illegal means the other side may use.

It is a God Given Right to shelter yourself and your family and provide for them.  You do not need permission to do that for them and yourself.  That is my opinion.  Likely that and $4.50 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks - $2.95 at McDonald's... [waiting]

I have machinery strategically place to impound their vehicle and place it on the roof of the garage.  I should post notice that I may do that to keep it legal. [crz]

The Federal BLM officer, last night told me they cannot legally trespass on private property to get to public land that is landlocked if the land owner refuses entry.  It requires court action even to get access to historic access roads for the Feds if a priovate owner refuses.... that is unless some crooked Supreme Court Judge on the take says they can just steal it through imminent domain.....but that is court action also even if it is crooked... wonder how much that Judge cost big business anyway....[waiting]

BoB, don't be a stranger... or at least not any stranger than me... heh

PA-Builder

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 10, 2009, 10:22:39 AM... I have machinery strategically place to impound their vehicle and place it on the roof of the garage.  I should post notice that I may do that to keep it legal. ...

Just when I was thinking about stopping around someday...now I may find my truck up on your roof ! ! !

G.    :(

glenn kangiser

G. , If you show up here I will have the barbecue fired up and maybe we could even have some games.  I was great in the Janet Reno look alike contest.  Harry has a shooting range up the hill - we could target practice. [waiting]

Show up any time you want --- you are on the green list. :)

PA-Builder

Thanks for the invite Glenn . . .

(Keep your eyes to the sky...  ;D )

G.

glenn kangiser

Aha.... the unmarked choppers.  [waiting]

I actually took a photo of one this time.  He slammed on the brakes a few hundred feet from the underground command center.  Probably going to get a bunker buster.  Maybe you could enlighten me, G.? hmm

or... I could just continue on  with the ever expanding conspiracy in my mind.... [crz]

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

PA-Builder

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 11, 2009, 01:46:08 PMMaybe you could enlighten me, G.?   or... I could just continue on  with the ever expanding conspiracy in my mind.... 

That pilot was severly reprimanded . . . he was told it was to be a night recon flight . . .

Anyway, let's go with your Plan B, " I could just continue on with the ever expanding conspiracy in my mind....  ".

;)

glenn kangiser

I was afraid of that.... [waiting]

I must be mighty impotent for them to send a Chinook to check me out, eh?  ::)

daphnerank

Fred Lustenberger has moved to Rocklin, CA and is now pulling the same stunts - he's a nightmare.  I hope we can send him down the road!!  Any suggestions are welcome!

glenn kangiser

Fred Lustenberger..... I am so sorry for you.... I wish I could help, but we do not want him back.... The one we have now is not too bad....

...an appropriate post....Fred was dead to us here... so awful he has been resurrected in Rocklin.  I have friends there..... :(

glenn kangiser

also, I do not have any suggestions that are legal.  [ouch]