Gonna meet Glenn and Sassy today!

Started by PEG688, July 08, 2007, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

We're down here in beautiful Lake Tahoe , Glenn and Sassy are inroute as I type from under ground bunker. Photo's will follow as the day progress's .  
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Currently having a great visit with PEG and family.  Having a great time and doing all kinds of plotting.  

Actually swapping lots of stories --- taking advantage of an opportunity that doesn't occur often.

PEG and I will be posting some pix soon.   :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

fourx

Great to hear that- there will be lots of gardening talk going on, for sure :)
"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end."
- Igor Stravinsky

PEG688

Well we had thread drift , ya know common old chitchat  ;D

We have a early flight in the wee AM so just to beat Glenn to the punch with the pics, hey ya go ,

From left to right my wife Enny ( a non C/P's poster), Me, Sassy (Glenn's kinder gentler 1/2 ) ;) and  Glenn.

A good time was had by all , thanks for coming up Glenn & Sassy so we could spend more time with family.

Great to meet you both. 8-)

Sassy

Not fair PEG!  ;D  But we did have a great time - you always wonder what the people you've gotten to know over the internet are REALLY like  :o  I really enjoyed visiting with Enny - we had so much in common & of course, PEG was PEG, only I had to remember to call him Paul.  Tahoe was beautiful & the company was fun - got to meet some of Paul's family too - wonderful day all around!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

Damn-- Shoulda held my gut in. :)

It was great meeting you and your family.  

Most relevant here would be that I met your sister, Peggy who was responsible for making sure your initials matched her name.  I assume she still exercises a great deal of control over you. ;D

From the rest of us here on the forum I think I can take the liberty to say, it was a great honor to be able the meet one of our most unselfish helpful members who volunteers hundreds of hours per year helping other members, educating them on the hard parts so that each of them may be able to succeed in beating their own little part of the system and have their own home without having to go into major debt for the rest of their lives.

Thanks again, PEG for freely giving so much of your time so that so many are able to benefit.

We were able to get a bit of time to do a bit of sightseeing with PEG and Enny, so here are a couple of pictures from that.  PEG said this was the Castle and the Tea House -- on the Island.   Maybe he can tell you a bit more about them.  Interesting story, but he knows it better than I do.

These pictures are a bit blotchy as I enhanced them a bit for better color and to clear up the smoke/haze.  They were taken handheld at  about 50x zoom.

Castle

Tea House

Less zoom - maybe 10x

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

Glenn

I take it you decided not to talk politics with Paul? ;)

glenn kangiser

We touched on it lightly.  I think I've almost won him over.  

BTW, I never talk politics.  I am totally anti-political.  Some people unfortunately mistake it for politics. :)

PEG688

We had better things to talk about mostly  ::)

Here's a couple of shot of the castle from the water onboard the Ms. Dixie II , about a 150'  LOA paddle wheeler that plys the lake , incendently Nichols Brothers a local Whidbey Island boat builder did some work on this boat , they said it over the IMC/ loud speaker , I only caught the part that said "Nichols Brothers " and the two crew people I asked didn't know what was said or what Nichols bros had done  ::)Small work eh  :o

My photo similar to Glenn's for camera comparision, Glenn's camera is much better at long range / zoom in shots .

From the boat , lots of current work being done staging and tarps can be seen in the photo's ,

The boat was hauled up to Lk Tahoe in pieces and assembled onsite , nice tour about 3 hours with lunch , which was very good , for $50.00 a head.

Paddle wheel ,

The castle was build durning 3 summers by craftmen who spent the summer on site , in 1927, 28 ,& 29. The cost was a couple of million back then , a Ca. heirest had it built she have a servent row her out to the Tea House that Glenn and I shot from the road above on Sunday each night. She modeled the place after a German castle , even down to the  furniture that was photo'ed / measured etc and replicated as the org's where national treasures and not for sale at any price .    

Who'd a thunk I'd see a building on a boat tour  ;D. Oddly the room  in the  rental house we satyed at in town had these handles on the dressers and end tables , again small world . Same ones I snagged off the web to show Ciecil and Johnny form  the,  what is it Duck pond in NZ.

I took the last two this AM , about 0330  :o when I realized where I'd seen them before  ;D

It was a very interesting tour the folks outside the building where on a walking tour from up above , the gals couldn't have handled the walk down  :(, and I'm not sure Glenn or I woulda wanted to walk back UP :o :o the hill  :o, anyway none of us took that close up  walking tour .

Lake Tahoe is a very pretty place , very dry and wooded.The wedding we attended for my nephew was within eye sight of the fires they had last week and we , on our "car tour" saw a blue stain "fire retardent drop " area . Very easy to see how and why fire can and does move so fast down there.

So that the  Counrty Plans travel guide report for tonight ;)

I'll go back tomorrow and try to correct my mis spells , and other stuff that,  MTL,  makes little sense, LONG DAY :o today!  

glenn kangiser

Glad to see you made it back, PEG.  Better get some rest.  I don't think we would have run out of things to talk about if we'd had a week. :)

I didn't even notice the guy standing in the window of the Tea House until I got it on the computer.

Pretty good zoom for a camera with stabilized point and shoot.  Many options on it for $148.00  hey -- I'm cheap. :)

adawgk

haha you are sucking in your stomach silly ;D I'm just glad you didn't wear one of your shirts with all the holes in it from welding all day.  Woowoo Kathy showen some leg :o

glenn kangiser

Aaron, dude, have you been drinking too much beer again? :-? >:( ;D

Where are my membership control buttons.  Gotta find the reject button.  Darn little twit.  Your mother should have sat on you when you were born. ;D

So do you think you can find your way here again :-?

adawgk

Tisk tisk.  You website moderators and your fancy schmancy buttons think you know everything :P  I want to see you build a brick BBQ grill up there and post your progress on the site.  As soon as i get a place i'm going to build a Walk in BBQ house out of brick or stone, which ever will hold the heat better.

John Raabe

Beam me down Scotty!  ;D

Looks like fun time... wish I had been there.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

Wish you'd have been there too, John-- we'd all have had a great time.

John -- you know what a problem it can be when your kids find their way to the forum -- and they're totally out of control. :-/ ::) :o ;D

Aaron -- -- we use rocks up here --- we have rocks -- I have enough rocks for you too. :)  If Kathy will let you have them. :-/ ;D

Walk in barbecue house -- what a concept -- will you cook yourself until medium rare? :-?

Drop by and we'll see what we can design. :)

glenn kangiser

oh... and Aaron, that is MR. ADMINISTRATOR, SIR,  to you. ;D

StinkerBell

If you held your tummy in then your face would looked strain. Always a trade off in matters of vanity.

I rather see a joyful face!

youngins

"A spoonfull of sugar helps the medicine go down.."

glenn kangiser

Chris, I hardly ever drink beer -- but I was having one right now as I looked and saw your posting -- It was really time for a cold one after the day at the Bigger House Project.

Thanks Stinkerbell.  I guess I'll just relax. :)

adawgk

:D HAHA growing up my siblings and I always said he looked like that guy from the sunday funnies.  Weird... others stink so too.  Now to start my four day weekend.  I think i'll start it out right with a big bowl of ice cream and a pint of Englands finest NewCastle Brown Ale  :)

glenn kangiser

Thanks a lot Aaron -- then I guess that was you talking behind my back -- not what I thought it was.  :-? :)

Who stepped on the duck :-?

Four day weekend --- what a bum- but I think you started on the ale early.  Soon you will look just like me. ;D  It is your kismet.