Anybody built the 2 story 20X34 plan? Have Pics?

Started by cedarglen, March 22, 2005, 11:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedarglen

I would love to see some pictures of houses built from John's 20x34 2 story plan. Pictures of construction, finished house, anything.  You can email me at cedarglen at watchspot.net (replace at with @ done to block spam bots).

thank you
Charles

theron

I'm within a week of hearing whether we are getting the loan to build this house on a lot in Oregon.  We are using eco-block ICFs and burying the backside of the first floor into a hill.  We have done some "rearranging" and have settled on a two-bedroom, 1 1/2 bath with a pantry and eating nook and some attic storage.  I wish, I wish, I wish I had some pictures to send but if you get started before I do I'd love to see what you come up with.

We have spent some time driving around looking at older farmhouses with similar dimensions.  They are not hard to find once you start looking.  

Theron

Jimmy C.

I'm building mine 20' x 40' with a porch in the front and down one side.
I have only started digging holes and placing posts. No pics of that yet.

These are 3-d pics from a previous thread showing my thoughts on the interior.

Page one of the thread.
http://countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=01;action=display;num=1107274036;start=
Page two of the thread.
http://countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=01;action=display;num=1107274036;start=15
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

Jimmy_Cason

[size=8]It has begun![/size]
[size=18]My Universal Farm house    20'x40'[/size]

One weekend at a time..
Or when I have extra money for materials..
I want to be mortgage free by 2007..

[size=24]In two years?[/size]

glenn-k

Jimmy_Cason

About 80 hours so far.
Digging the  24"x24"x 36 deep" holes for the foundation footings and mixing concrete one 80 pound bag at a time took the most of my time.

My father in law and I did all the frame work this past Saturday and Sunday. April 23 and 24, 2005

2"x12"x16's are a little too heavy for this fat boy!

glenn-k

Jimmy_Cason

QuoteCarry them one at a time, Jimmy. ;D

That's what I told my wife/supervisor.... :P

My mother in law came by and put a level on all the beams. She said I passed.
So I guess that would now make her my inspector.

glenn-k

Perhaps you will have to post something in the inspector from hell section --- ???

Just kidding- tell the gals to drop the clubs. ;D