None of the insert buttons work for me ?

Started by Arky217, February 07, 2012, 04:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arky217

I would like to insert an image into a post, but none of the insert button icons seem to work. I click on them but nothing.

None of the smiley faces seem to work either.

What am I doing wrong ?

Arky

Redoverfarm

If you have Photobucket go to the imagine and drag your mouse slightly below.  There should appear 4 lines.  The bottom is the "img".  Go to the right of the IMG to the picture discription and right click.  It should say "copied".  Then go to where you want it to appear, right click and paste to that location.  Are you sure your mouse is working? ;)

Arky217

Quote from: Redoverfarm on February 07, 2012, 06:00:53 PM
If you have Photobucket go to the imagine and drag your mouse slightly below.  There should appear 4 lines.  The bottom is the "img".  Go to the right of the IMG to the picture discription and right click.  It should say "copied".  Then go to where you want it to appear, right click and paste to that location.  Are you sure your mouse is working? ;)

No, I don't have Photobucket and yes, my mouse is working.
The image is on my computer in .jpg format.
When I click on ANY of the insert buttons, nothing happens.
For example, if I wanted to insert a url, I click on the 'hyperlink' button, but nothing.
Or if I want to insert a smily face, I click on the face, but nothing happens.
???

Arky

Redoverfarm

Well Sorry.  I gave you about as much as I know about computers and images.   d*   Maybe someone will chime in and get it straightened out with you. 

MountainDon

Start with a cold reboot of the computer you are using. If the problem persists please advise the O/S and the browser make and version. 

Or if a reboot does not solve the issue try another browser. I have IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera and they all work fine on that detail.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Arky217

Yes, it's the browser that I'm using, Maxthon.

Tried IE and they work.

Arky

MountainDon

It's funny, weird.... I have gripes about Firefox and Chrome not working well with a small numbers of websites or features on some websites. Like there's an add on program that offers some features I like on my credit card company website. However, it doesn't work with the latest itteration of Firefox or Chrome. But it always works with IE. Other things too, mostly niggling little crap. And yet I have this 'thing" about not wanting to use IE. There was a time when IE was not as secure as FF. I'm not sure of that anymore. I think IE9 is a good product; I just hate moving from browser to browser as they "do things" differently. Keeps one's brain agile I suppose, though.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.