Daughter's mini cabin

Started by rdzone, July 27, 2009, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdzone

Thanks for the comments. 

Duncanshannon,  no plans just winged it.  Most of the mini cabin is left over materials from the Big Cabin.   Definately overbuilt, 2X6 walls, site built trusses, floor sheathing is 1 1/8" t&g.   I figure when she gets to old to appreciate it anymore.  It will be a nice shed.  [cool]
Chuck

duncanshannon

very nice.  i was asking cause i'm thinking i'm going to build a 10x12 as a warmup to building a 2 story 20x34 some day :)
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

rdzone

Interesting.  I built the 20'x34' 2 story universal first then this mini cabin.   This would be a good starter project.  If you have questions just let me know. :)  The link to our big cabin is below.

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=1499.0
Chuck

rdzone

Well,

been busy and haven't accomplished to much more, but did get some important things done.  I installed mini blinds for privacy and started installing a small direct vent heater (HomComfort DV8 LP model).  It should keep the mini cabin nice and toasty.  The bonus is it is direct vent no moisture or exhaust vented  into the cabin.  I followed some advise from another memeber on the forum and will be using black pipe and 3/8" copper lines and 100# tanks.  Once I have it all done I will take some pictures.
Chuck

rdzone

No pictures yet, but lots of progress. The windows and door are trimmed.  The window extension jambs, trim, loft ladder and loft rail have all been finished. We bought my daughter a click clack sofa, kind of like an upscale futon, a micowave,  made some custom shelves, finished installing the heater, bought some cabinets, which are yet to be installed.  Definately more livable than our big cabin.  She has requested a dorm type fridge (as we have power now  [cool]), which is on the list so no more cooler. My daughter is definately spoiled.  I have been in bush cabins that wish they were so nice.   :)
Chuck