sheating position question

Started by Chateau Prideaux, September 20, 2006, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chateau Prideaux

In a pier/beam, how far down should the wall sheating go past the floors joists?

I figure the exterior wall's sheating and siding material needs to go past the bottom of the floor joists, to some degree to have a drip edge of sorts, but how far? 2", 4", etc...

Here's a pic that shows the sheating and siding at similar and different amounts of overhang.

Should the sheating only go to the edge of the joists, and the siding descend beyond?

Thanks
Quidquius Operat

Chateau_Prideaux

attaching file

peg_688

The one on the right , 1" ,or so ,below the sheathing . Allows for drip free, no capillary action / wicking effect.

Nice renderings BTW, what system / program did you use?

Chateau_Prideaux

I used Visio for the drawing. Cut/Paste the objects into Paint, save as jpg, attach to post. Quick and easy. There may be an easier way to save as jpeg and trim out all the whitespace, but I was in a hurry.

Thanks for the info!

peg_688

QuoteI used Visio for the drawing. Cut/Paste the objects into Paint, save as jpg, attach to post. Quick and easy. There may be an easier way to save as jpeg and trim out all the whitespace, but I was in a hurry.

Thanks for the info!

So heres a case where I have "NO CLUE"! what your talking about  ;D ;D   Well Cut & paste I understand   :-[ :-[But the rest is pretty much Greek  ;DOr is it Geek ;)

Your welcome for the info BTW :)

Now I gotta go google all that other stuff ::) :-[ :-[

Amanda_931

Hmmm.  Looks like I've got, at least, some Visio filters in with Corel Draw.

Haven't used it much, although the photo editor was one of the first I'd ever tried.