Wanted! Buy! Sell! Barter! Give Away!

Started by MountainDon, May 06, 2008, 05:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

We had a suggestion for this from a member, so I asked John and he thought we should run this up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. So here we are!

The logistics and costs of getting something from one place to another would have to be worked out between the interested parties. And of course, Country Plans does not offer a warranty, nor is there any implied warranty. Country Plans does not verify the condition, usability or suitability of any items offered for sale or trade. Country Plans does not collect fees nor act as a financial clearing house. It's a classic case of Caveat Emptor.

At present I can't think of anything around here I really want to sell... I am a bit of a packrat at times. OK, most all of the time. However, I have some "wants". I'll get to that in a moment.

I believe it would make this work smoother if we began each post with the nature of the deal; Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade, Barter.... terms like that, and the general location, State or City (if large enough to be known to someone from across the country).

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

WANTED: NEW MEXICO:

I would like to find a couple of hand held VHF two way radios. Even one would be a start.

Marine band or 2 meter, 5 watt would be just fine. 

There's something to start with.  :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

BiggKidd

Hey Don,

You might try Sportsmans Guide or Cheaper than Dirt. I've got one radio my wife lost the other one off the atv. We later found it but it no longer works. I need two or three more my self.

Good Luck
Larry
A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry

sparks

Maybe it would help to pin this subject, so it's easy to find everyday. Just a thought.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

John suggested we make it "sticky" if it's used....   ???   I'll make it sticky and we'll see how it goes. We can always "unstick" it.

Redoverfarm

Good subject but with my luck what I need will be on the west coast.  Have plenty of junk the only problem it is just that.  I do have a set of double 36X72 Anderson Windows(new) with the mullion attached.  Also have two Laundry sinks(new)

sparks

SELL: NW ILLINOIS

1982 Bronco...351 ci..500 Holley..Newer style ignition....newer tires....

Not to bad shape considering the age....about 150k miles.

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

CREATIVE1

Moving three thousand miles from Florida within a year, want to dump everything not sentimental or immediately useful.  I think the post office has a flat rate box for $7.95.  Talk to me.

Redoverfarm

NM_Shooter

I have a box left over from an old handgun.  This is lead only.  Non-jacketed.  From Powder Ranch, there are 500+ pieces.  Semi wad cutter. Will work for .40 S&W, 10mm, or 38-40. 

$30 plus shipping.  ($8?)
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

NM_Shooter

I have two Gable vents that I bought a couple of years ago and never used.  If I recall correctly, I paid ~$110 each.

Octagonal shaped, screened in back, with flashing and trim ring.  40in^2 of vent area.  ~ 18" across the trim ring.

$50 each plus shipping:

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

benevolance

i dunno if anyone would want any of my junk... mostly old car parts...we are removing some old cast iron 90 year old sinks from the house...they are in pretty good shape.. the type with the counter attached to the sink off to the side... and the counter has ribs in it so you can do the dishes in the sink and they will dry sitting on the counter? It that makes any sense to anyone out there...

And I have oodles of old wooden windows 90 years old with the cast iron counter weights...nice windows in their day.... good shape...32 x 60 most of them are I think

benevolance

i have an extra mortar mixer... and a 5000 watt generator I never use...

I am looking for a large table saw... something bigger than a 10 "...Old timey is preferred... new stuff is mostly junk in my opinion

CREATIVE1

CREATIVE1

OK, I guess I'll take some time to tell you some of the stuff I have.  Mostly, books.  We've been donating them, but there are a number of do it yourself books and books on architecture I still need to clean out.  We have about 20,000 books, and it is foolish to move all of them.

MountainDon

desdawg

I have been liberating a lot of my "treasure pile" at the scrap yard. 10,000#'s of iron last weekend, 420# of aluminum yesterday. Two old trucks are going today along with some more scrap metal. I am getting paid to clean up my yard. I am only hauling 12 miles so it is working pretty well. It is amazing how much stuff piled up over the years.
When I was dropping off the aluminum yesterday there was someone there selling a truckload of old bicycles for scrap metal. They were picked up along the illegal immigration route from Mexico. This economy will be seeing a lot of things recycled back through the process as we trim our sails.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

I'm still hanging onto mine, but have had a half dozen phone calls from people who would like it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

The scrap metal buisness is going crazy. Paying $300 a car and $8 for white goods each.  Alot of farmers are cashing in on the old scrap trucks and cars on the farms that have been since growed over. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

:)  I have a really cute house for sale in SE Wisconsin.  MLS# is  994493 and there are multiple pictures up on realtor.com  The basement is full and finished with a workshop room, kitchenette, family room and utility room.  All the appliances except a washing machine are included.  Some of the details (including the picture of the back yard) are not correct on the listing, but most of it is fairly accurate.   We'll entertain any offer.

desdawg

I disposed of over $600 worth last weekend and with the two old trucks over $1600 this weekend. I still have more that I haven't hauled yet but it is going to go. I will keep some back for welding projects but not too much as I know how to accumulate pretty well. Of course the entire country side will be stripped bare when this window of opportunity slams shut. I suspect it will be good for the planet and it is giving my personal economy a little shot in the arm.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

benevolance

I have cleaned up a couple piles...and hauled a lot of cars recently... But I still have one place where there are numerous cars and a huge scrap pile...I have the driveway gated with a big steel gate.

Went there a week ago to do some work and the neighbor came to see me...The locals have been knocking on his door wanting to know who owned the scrap pile and the cars... Left their names numbers and cards...etc.

What made me laugh was most of them said "tell him I will clean it up for him free of charge."

gee that is awfully nice of them....When the price here is hovering around $15.00 per hundred pounds

desdawg

In my area there are lots of people out scrapping. I haven't tried to solicit scrapping for other people just getting my own place cleaned up. It is easier for me than for lots of other people because I have the equipment. I use the forks on my bobcat and the front loader on the backhoe when necessary. I also have a tilt deck trailer so I could just roll the old trucks onto the trailer and haul them. I suspect that this window like most won't stay open for ever so the time is now to get rid of this stuff. And like I said it is good for the planet. Now if I could just find someone to buy plastic. I have lots of left over pipe.The scrap yard I go to has somone who comes around and picks up waste oil too so I can get rid of a couple of drums of oil I have sitting around. It is all good. Dealing in scrap metal is like dealing drugs. It is all strictly cash. There won't be a 1099 at the end of the year. How good is that.

Redoverfarm

desdawg too bad you are not closer. There are several buisnesses that use waste oil heating.  A friend of mine has a garage and uses it to heat with.  He has a never ending supply as long as buisness holds out.  If the gas is high people will not drive as much therefore the repair shops will just have to wait until they break down sometime later Huh.