Fascia trim

Started by astidham, November 03, 2010, 05:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astidham

I have been looking at Lp smart side trim for my fascia on my cabin.
It is very expensive ~16.00 for a 16' peice.
would a 1x6 white board be as good if I prime and paint?
anyone use something different or any Ideas?
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

bayview

What is your cost on the 1x6/16' white board with primer,paint and your time?

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

astidham

6.17 for an 8' without paint
— Henry Ford

bayview

Quote from: astidham on November 03, 2010, 06:16:37 PM
6.17 for an 8' without paint

astidam:

6.17 times 2 plus paint and your time . . .    Comes out about the same or maybe even more expensive when considering your time to prime before painting.

I used the 1X6 smart trim on our cabin . . .    Was very satisfied with the product.

Make sure you use drip edging on the roof with the proper waterproofing material on the roof decking.   You will want to paint the fascia trim before applying the drip edge.

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

astidham

I know i should have put the fascia on before the roof metal, but I was impatient.
I think it will all work out for the better because my metal overhangs my roof by ~2.5" on one side of the house, and I will need to adjust the trim to hide my mistake!
— Henry Ford

MikeOnBike

I payed about $1.10 a foot for the Hardi trim.  Nail it up an touch up the paint every 10 yrs.  Works for me. 

I'm trying to make my place fire resistant so I'm using the fibercement stuff everywhere but bayview's math looks good.

astidham

Thanks Mike,
always looking for alternatives
— Henry Ford