small build

Started by StinkerBell, January 26, 2010, 09:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainDog

Those are really neat. http://www.freespiritspheres.com/index.htm

Prices start at $150,000.

I'll take two!  :D

Seems they rent a couple out by the night as well. $125 - $175 per.
NE OK

StinkerBell

I would want mine painted to look like a bowling ball.

RainDog

NE OK

pagan

8 Ball, or Von Dutch's flying eyeball.

poppy

I am familiar with the Mushroom House in Cincinnati (slide #8).

We lived close enough during its construction that we could watch the construction progress.  It's on a main street in a pretty snooty neighborhood with a bunch of traditional architecture.

It's on a very small corner lot and very close to both streets with almost no set back.  The "mushroom" section on the left almost hangs out over the sidewalk.

Although it's a lot smaller than it appears in the photo, it really stands out, and the neighbors hated it.

It obviously now has national or even international exposure, and in the long run is probably a good thing for that neighborhood.

RainDog

Quote from: poppy on January 26, 2010, 11:46:11 AM
I am familiar with the Mushroom House in Cincinnati (slide #8).

We lived close enough during its construction that we could watch the construction progress.  It's on a main street in a pretty snooty neighborhood with a bunch of traditional architecture.

It's on a very small corner lot and very close to both streets with almost no set back.  The "mushroom" section on the left almost hangs out over the sidewalk.

Although it's a lot smaller than it appears in the photo, it really stands out, and the neighbors hated it.

It obviously now has national or even international exposure, and in the long run is probably a good thing for that neighborhood.

Whoa. Is that freakin' cool or what? What a kick! That's the best thing I've seen on the internet in a while.

NE OK

poppy

Raindog
QuoteWhoa. Is that freakin' cool or what? What a kick! That's the best thing I've seen on the internet in a while.

I agree.  It made me smile every time I passed it, which was at least once or twice a week.

It is between the police station and the Starbucks at the edge of the neighborhood so the snooty uppity ups have to pass it on the way to Starbucks and the country club down the street.  ;D

BTW, the University of Cincinnati Design Art and Architecture department is well respected. (and not because I'm an alumni).  :)