GM- Moving to China with our stimulus money

Started by glenn kangiser, September 04, 2009, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

As I had read before - the big auto manufacturers planned to take whatever money they could get - close down business here for the most part and import vehicles to sell to us.  If we don't have jobs how can we buy them?  I guess they better be cheap.

Picture that .... a Chinese Cadillac.   I wonder if they will rename it Caderack? hmm

This article tells about the imports that may (will) be headed our way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090830/bs_nm/us_gm_china

So much for improving our economy.  This is just a stimulus at our expense for the global industrial and big money paid for and bought politicians.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Maybe now we know who Obama really works for?

muldoon

after the re-structure GM is owned by 60% government and 20% union, and 10% as the bondholders (9% being new bond holders 1% being all of the previous holders in a lump new "re-valuation")  .  this decision was made by the people who come on tv everyday - or for decades have said - we need american jobs that americans can be proud to do.  

The whole clamor of the unions for decades has been this mantra - now that they run the show, look at what they do.  

**** them all.  

ED: edited to meet the forum content guidelines. - MD

ScottA

Quote**** them all.

I couldn't agree more.

ED: edited again to meet the forum content guidelines. - MD
C'mon guys, you should know better than that.

muldoon

point taken. 

sorry don, I didn't mean to offend the other forum members ...  sometimes I just get too frustrated for my own good.  You should hear me in real life when I get wound up. 

d*

MountainDon

Thanks muldoon.    :D  You should, or maybe should NOT, hear what I can say at times, especially when I am alone and things go wrong or otherwise stupid...   :o
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.