medical question

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, April 20, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Glad to see you rebound. Did anyone talk to you about the "dumps"? You really need to be aware of this side affect. Could be up to a week or two, and rarely does anyone escape. A few do, tho. 

Be prepared. I almost wasn't.

Redoverfarm

Sassy glad to have you back.  This place is not the same without you. 

Sassy

Quote from: StinkerBell on April 26, 2009, 01:36:11 AM
Glad to see you rebound. Did anyone talk to you about the "dumps"? You really need to be aware of this side affect. Could be up to a week or two, and rarely does anyone escape. A few do, tho. 

Be prepared. I almost wasn't.

Yes, I've been warned...  was told sometimes you don't make it  d*  Oh, what fun  [waiting]

Thanks Red! 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Sassy

Today I felt so good I went to church!  Even stayed for the dinner they had afterwards - it's a little country church called The Little Church on the Hill.  Anyway, the people are wonderful.  Glenn was doing some brushing for fire prevention for one of the couples & told me they went there.  I hadn't been going anywhere because I refuse to "play" church.  Anyway, last week was my 1st time to attend.  This couple came to the ER on Monday & sat with us until I left for Stanford.  They watered our gardens & fruit trees, took care of the dogs, cat & chickens & called everyday.  When I went today, at least half of the people came up to me & said they were so glad I was there & told me they had been praying for me all week.  And they really meant it.  It's so great to find a church home again.   :)

Dog

Glad to hear you're recovering! It's also nice the way you acknowledge the nursing staff who are over worked and over burdened.

Now take it easy it and don't over burden yourself! Glenn needs you  :)
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

gandalfthegrey

Sassy,  really glad your feeling better. 

I have nothing but respect for the ER crew at Fresno hospital.  Save my life way back in 1971. after a car accident.

HGT  how are your allergies??

Did you get a chance to run those tests?
Bad Wolf

peternap

Glad you're feeling better Sassy!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

Thanks everyone!  Things are going really well - very little pain, doesn't seem to be any "after-effects" of all the other stuff that went wrong, so...

Gandalf - glad the ER was there for you, too!  Emergent medical care is where medicine seems to excell the most - they take someone mangled by a vehicle accident or seriously ill & get them stabilized & on their way either in hospital or wherever they need to be.  It's a shame that so many people use the ER's as an out patient clinic & clog them up so badly that it's almost dangerous, at times, to be treated in an ER... 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: gandalfthegrey on April 27, 2009, 07:19:24 PM
Sassy,  really glad your feeling better. 

I have nothing but respect for the ER crew at Fresno hospital.  Save my life way back in 1971. after a car accident.

HGT  how are your allergies??

Did you get a chance to run those tests?
Well, no, I didn't get to go to the allergist after all.  Got a call less than three hours before I was supposed to be there and they cancelled on me for the second time.  Been trying to get into this doc for two months.  Now they can't see me until next month, when our insurance benefits go down and we have to pay a good portion of it. >:(  In general, the allergies are better... but yesterday we had storms blowing in, and I'm not sure if it was the pressure changes or allergies, but had one of those headaches that goes all the way down in my neck all day.  Hardly ever have that happen.  I figure I'll live. 

Sassy

I'm so glad I don't have those types of allergies - seems like you'd feel sick a good part of the time...  bummer, Homey! 

PEG688

I missed most of this , glad your OK Sassy.  :)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sassy, I used to think people with allergies were kind of milking it for all it's worth.  Not so.  Poetic justice perhaps that I should suddenly have such bad allergies?  It isn't fun, but they're not bad often, and I feel good MOST of the time, but for the month or so that the cedars were blooming I felt like I was dying.  Don't know what  caused the headache the other day because I don't often even get mild headaches, let alone the kind where light hurts.  I do know that I went to bed Sunday night and didn't wake up until my oldest felt sorry for me and brought me a cup of coffee in bed Monday morning, and that was nearly 9 o'clock!!!  I never ever sleep that late!  (Maybe it was swine flu?  Felt fat, lazy, needed a nap? ;D)  Thankfully the baby slept late Monday morning too, which also rarely if ever happens.