Weekend update

Started by NM_Shooter, April 20, 2009, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Had some fun this past weekend.  Got invited to a crawfish boil in Texas so I went down and hung out with a bunch of insane middle aged folks.  The food was great:

The guy in the blue apron was the head coon-ass and bottle washer. 

Met some great people in the airport too.  Stopped to get a bite to eat and saw some soldiers.  Struck up a conversation with them to find out that they were on their way back out to Iraq.  They were demolition and explosives types.  Seemed awfully laid back for that type of work  ;D.  On the way out, I told them that I appreciated them.  They told me that they appreciated the opportunity to help. 

No matter how crappy I think our nation might be led, I take heart by the fact that we have young folks such as those.  Seems to be a lot of them too, thank God.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Looks like great eating!

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 20, 2009, 09:24:00 AM
No matter how crappy I think our nation might be led, I take heart by the fact that we have young folks such as those.  Seems to be a lot of them too, thank God.

Ditto!!
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Looks like a fun, NM!  When we were in New Orleans, we ate a lot of crawfish.  We were kinda surprised when they brought us a big basket of them & the heads were still on  :D  But they were good!

My nephew's fiance just left for her 3rd tour in Iraq as a military police"woman" in the Marines.  She got back from her 2nd tour a couple years ago.  Two weeks before she got to the states, she was in a Hummer with 2 close friends she'd been working with over there when an IED blew up the Hummer - she was ok but the 2 guys with her were killed.  She came back pretty shaken up.  She was watching the news on TV shortly after getting back, they showed some shooting over there...  she started shaking & crying uncontrollably.  She definitely didn't want to go back for a 3rd tour.  My nephew was there when they 1st entered Baghdad.  But he injured his back really bad right after getting back so wasn't called back.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

Looks like good eats and a great time.