Man kills 5 over zoning dispute in Mo.

Started by ScottA, February 08, 2008, 02:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Quote from: MountainDon on February 08, 2008, 10:15:16 PM
If we understand the Missouri situation...

One man getting a bunch of parking violation tickets.
VS.
A foreign power invading the country of the USA, wanting to take all our land and change our way of life for all 300,000,000 million (illegals included) of us.

I don't think I need to say anymore. The situations are not comparable.

So you are saying that the people of Iraq have the right to destroy our military because we are daily invading their houses, killing their husbands, wives, daughters, sons, uncles , aunts, children and babies?

I guess you are right and I can see where this would stress them to the breaking point.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

It looks like the media is doctoring this story because when I first heard it the original fight was over building code enforcment and the storage of building materials on his property which he felt where unfair. Second he was upset because they would not hear him when he tried to complain about feeling harassed. Hard to make a judgment without all the facts but I find it hard to belive he would go postal if he was the one in the wrong. He had to know he would not have a life afterwords. We may never know what really happened. Oh and China has been invading us for a while incase no one noticed.

glenn kangiser

China -- they're the new neighbors. :)

Didn't we let them take over Panama, and we sold them the port of Long Beach, CA.

...and it is very common lately for the stories to get modified to make the government look like innocent victims.  Tons of that in Katrina.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 08, 2008, 10:22:51 PM
So you are saying that the people of Iraq have the right to destroy our military because we are daily invading their houses, killing their husbands, wives, daughters, sons, uncles , aunts, children and babies?
Would you say that to be true?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Quote from: ScottA on February 08, 2008, 11:11:56 PM
I find it hard to believe he would go postal if he was the one in the wrong. He had to know he would not have a life afterwards. We may never know what really happened.
I don't know about that Scott. He may not have believed he was in the wrong, even if he really was. "Fruitcakes", nutcases,  paranoids, can and do lose touch with reality. If you tell yourself something is "true" enough times, you  can begin to believe yourself even though it is patently false.

Then there's the "Suicide by Police" routine. Who knows what weird things go on inside a tormented mind. That can be a convenient way (to a tortured mind) out, without actually turning the gun on oneself and pulling the trigger. Coward. The subconscious is a wonderfully twisted place.

As for, the first report being different from later reports... just because later reports vary from the initial reports does not always mean there is a government cover up underway. It's not uncommon for the first "breaking news" reports to be anywheres from a little off base and incomplete to way off base. Just like it is not uncommon for eye witnesses to an event to disagree on details such as the perpetrator having a mustache vs. a goatee. The TV news media is especially bad. They are always in a rush to be first, to have an exclusive, and sometimes they are overzealous in reporting what they then believe are the facts as compared to what are really the facts.

The truth may have died with the gunman. Maybe that's how he wanted it. We will never know what was running through his mind.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: MountainDon on February 09, 2008, 02:26:33 AM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 08, 2008, 10:22:51 PM
Would you say that to be true?

It follows the same logic, and I am not saying the logic is wrong. 

It seems if we should kill Chinese if they invaded us and our homes, that Iraqi's should kill us for invading their homes.

Could you imagine the outrage if the Chinese came through our towns kicking doors in, harassing and killing our families and looking for our citizens or others who had come to help protect our lives and property (I think they would be called insurgents).  I think you would rightly agree that I should try to take out all I could.  The case in Iraq, while reversed, is the same.

It is a war started under false pretenses, for oil, power, control of the area and therefore it's resources.

Imagine being an Iraqi. 

Riverbend's family finally had to leave Baghdad.  Her thoughts from Syria.

QuoteThat is Iraq right now. The Americans have done a fine job of working to break it apart. This last year has nearly everyone convinced that that was the plan right from the start. There were too many blunders for them to actually have been, simply, blunders. The 'mistakes' were too catastrophic. The people the Bush administration chose to support and promote were openly and publicly terrible- from the conman and embezzler Chalabi, to the terrorist Jaffari, to the militia man Maliki. The decisions, like disbanding the Iraqi army, abolishing the original constitution, and allowing militias to take over Iraqi security were too damaging to be anything but intentional.

The question now is, but why? I really have been asking myself that these last few days. What does America possibly gain by damaging Iraq to this extent? I'm certain only raving idiots still believe this war and occupation were about WMD or an actual fear of Saddam.

Al Qaeda? That's laughable. Bush has effectively created more terrorists in Iraq these last 4 years than Osama could have created in 10 different terrorist camps in the distant hills of Afghanistan. Our children now play games of 'sniper' and 'jihadi', pretending that one hit an American soldier between the eyes and this one overturned a Humvee.

This last year especially has been a turning point. Nearly every Iraqi has lost so much. So much. There's no way to describe the loss we've experienced with this war and occupation. There are no words to relay the feelings that come with the knowledge that daily almost 40 corpses are found in different states of decay and mutilation. There is no compensation for the dense, black cloud of fear that hangs over the head of every Iraqi. Fear of things so out of ones hands, it borders on the ridiculous- like whether your name is 'too Sunni' or 'too Shia'. Fear of the larger things- like the Americans in the tank, the police patrolling your area in black bandanas and green banners, and the Iraqi soldiers wearing black masks at the checkpoint.

Again, I can't help but ask myself why this was all done? What was the point of breaking Iraq so that it was beyond repair? Iran seems to be the only gainer. Their presence in Iraq is so well-established, publicly criticizing a cleric or ayatollah verges on suicide. Has the situation gone so beyond America that it is now irretrievable? Or was this a part of the plan all along? My head aches just posing the questions.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/13/MNG39F7MNI1.DTL  Home Invasion- intimidation

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0621-07.htm Murder  --

Thousands more -

Or maybe they should thank us for making them free.

So, in the Missouri case, depending on circumstances, yes-- I can understand how the man may have felt about authority figures who personally touched his life.  The truth? -- not commonly fully available in the American news.