Interesting Tree House

Started by southernsis, February 09, 2007, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

I ran across this photo of a tree house. I would love to have one to take me back to my childhood. As a kid, mine was never this nice. Mine was built out of whatever my brother and I could find laying around on the ranch, but had fun with it anyway.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

glenn-k

Cool, southernsis.  I liked to climb trees as a kid.  We had big ol' alders in Oregon.  

One time my cousin and I climbed way up in the top of one and called my little brother who was down on the ground to check out the rain falling from the tree.  

I guess that probably wasn't nice.  :'(

No child left behind started shortly after this, if I recall correctly. :-/

optionguru

Glenn, that wins best post of the week in my book.  I have three small kids and can easily pick the one that would be making the rain.  Thanks for the laugh.

southernsis

Glenn,
I grew up in Oregon also. Near a town call Canby. My brother also like to make rain fall from the trees. That happened until my dad walked under the tree at the wrong time.

glenn-k

I was from Rose Lodge/ Otis area.  Widow Creek Road to be exact.

Cool - now I don't feel like the Lone Ranger - or should that be the Lone Rainer. :-?

Nothing like the wrong person being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Unless 3 wrongs make a right. :-/

glenn-k

QuoteGlenn, that wins best post of the week in my book.  I have three small kids and can easily pick the one that would be making the rain.  Thanks for the laugh.

My pleasure -- what good are trees if you can't have a little fun in them. :)

Now when I tell the story at family get togethers I have to kid him a bit by pretending to be him  wiping  the rain out of his eyes, looking up, and saying "What? What do you want?"

Tut tut, looks like rain. :)

JRR

This German outfit is into treehouses bigtime:
http://www.baumraum.de/index2.php?pid=1

The website use to show more completed models, and actual construction photos.  Guess too much info was at risk.

glenn-k

There is quite a bit there if you start checking out the links.  Lots of modernistic tree houses.  Pretty cool stuff.