Plumbing question water line.

Started by GSPDOG, June 24, 2013, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPDOG

Would like to get some thoughts about this I have been doing a lot of reading and not getting a lot of clear answers.  So hopefully someone has some experience to share.  My water line runs to the property line and meter and terminates, nothing new,  However, I need to run a line about 800 feet.  The water line is next to the electrical pole in the distance 800 feet rolling hill, buried between 36" to 48" deep.

So the issue is what size line do I run over that distance.  Seen comments any where from 1. 1/2" to 2".  and Obviously steeping down to .3/4" coming into the cabin and 1/2" to faucets.  There is going to be a washing machine, kitchen sink, bath sink, bath tub / shower.  Thoughts?
Thanks for Reading
Jim Brown

Rob_O

My neighbor had to run about 700' and used 1.5" line, the lady at the water company suggested I use 2" for my 1400' run. What sort of pressure do you have at the meter?
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

GSPDOG

have not tested the pressure at the meter yet, though I do have a stand pipe with a normal 3/4 garden hose connected you don't want to stand in front of it. ;)  Adds pressure gauge to my list of things to take to the farm this weekend.
Thanks for Reading
Jim Brown

Rob_O

Quote from: GSPDOG on June 25, 2013, 04:21:11 PM
have not tested the pressure at the meter yet, though I do have a stand pipe with a normal 3/4 garden hose connected you don't want to stand in front of it. ;)  Adds pressure gauge to my list of things to take to the farm this weekend.

Sounds like pressure is not an issue, you should be good with a 1.5" line.
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."