Author Topic: Foundation Plugin for SketchUp  (Read 19393 times)

Offline Medeek

• Journeyman
  • Structural Engineering
    • The Engineering and Design Firm of Medeek
Re: Foundation Plugin for SketchUp
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »
I am curious how to handle a situation where the brick ledge terminates along a linear stretch of stemwall?

Here I have a 10" stemwall with brickledge meeting a 6" stemwall without.  What is typically done in this situation?

Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.
Designer, Programmer and Engineer

Offline Medeek

• Journeyman
  • Structural Engineering
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »
When you throw brick ledges into the mix the horizontal surface texture doesn't really work well:

Maybe I just need to go with a more generic texture for these surfaces?

The model has a 12" CMU stemwall with a 4" brick ledge, yielding a single row of 8" block forming the final layer on the top of the wall.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/faa957fe-8c20-479b-a2d2-e369f7c711f0/CMU-Stemwall-with-Brickledge

Offline Medeek

• Journeyman
  • Structural Engineering
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »
Version 1.5.1 - 09.20.2019
- Enabled CMU blocks for spread footing piers.

Under pier options you select concrete or CMU block as the material type.  This update is per user request.

The CMU textures seems to work best with a 16" width (square) pier.  Currently rectangular piers are not an option but I may need to change that in the near future.

Offline Medeek

• Journeyman
  • Structural Engineering
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »
Version 1.5.2 - 09.28.2019
- Fixed a critical performance bug that affects all the modules within the extension.

*** CRITICAL PERFORMANCE UPDATE ***

If you are noticing a slowdown of the plugin performance after multiple edits to a foundation assembly or footing, this fix will resolve that issue.  This issue affects all previous versions of the plugin.

Offline Medeek

• Journeyman
  • Structural Engineering
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »
Talking with a customer today leads me to believe that a tool for a grade beam might be useful.  My current workaround is to create two separate strip footings, one on top of the other as shown:

The problem with trying to use the strip footing tool to create grade beams is that it does not allow for top bar placement.  Additionally, there is no FPSF option for strip footings.  Let me know your thoughts on this, is this a feature you would like to see added to the plugin?

If I do add it, what other, grade beam specific, parameters might need to be added?

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/277d55a2-ca05-4258-b6b5-93fdab02c7cb/Grade-Beam-Workaround

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1124KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00184s for 40,669 bytes (show)
Queries used: 30.

[Show Queries]