I am so tired of technology

Started by peternap, December 21, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I use Avid Media Composer for 85% of media editing, Photoshop for 99% of stills and once in a while, Premier Pro and After Effects (CS5).

Even though Avid is a 1400.00 program, fewer companies are making plugins for it. All make them for CS5 and above....so I'm doing a serious cram session with Adobe and my brain is fried.

Every year this gets worse and more complicated. Is there anyone in the world that's proficient with all the new technology that gets thrown at us.

I'm sitting here looking at 30 menus with another hundred sub menus asking myself where the lens distortion slider is :-\

Premier Pro is one of 22 programs in CS5. I need to get a real handle on at least 17 of them tonight. After Effects is next.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Native_NM

I gave up on most of that.  It's just a vicious cycle.  I moved from Photoshop to CS.  Updgraded like a good little consumer.  I found some reviews on the Corel  stuff, and tried Paintshop Pro for $70.  It does almost all of the things I did in CS for 1/10 the price.  Reads my RAW files, unsharpening mask, exposure compensation, etc.  And it is easy and intuitive.  I still have CS, and to be fair, it it far more capable than PS Pro.  But an F350 Diesel Dually is far more capable than my F150.  It's only a problem if you are towing 15,000 pounds...both make trips to the hardware store and Rudy's equally well.

I started evaluating OpenOffice.  We found a $39 PDF suite as good as Adobe, again at far less cost.  Some things are worth the money.  Sometimes you need that F350.  Sometimes you don't....
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.