Author Topic: DWV Route Question  (Read 327 times)

Offline retiredmarine

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
DWV Route Question
« on: June 04, 2019, 07:09:35 AM »
Here's a quick sketch of my waste line. The main line is 3" to the Septic with the kitchen, laundry, and bathroom connecting to it.  I wondering if I'll have any problems with the toilet waste draining with the 45 degree bend? it's a single story and all of this will be in the crawlspace.

Offline NathanS

• NY Mountains
Re: DWV Route Question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
It basically looks good to me. The main line should be 4", though (the hole in the septic tank should be 4"). I would keep that line at 4" until you get to that toilet.. you can even run 4" to the toilet itself it you're worried about it, - toilet flanges typically glue outside 3" or inside 4" line. I personally oversized everything, I ran 2" to sinks/tubs/washer then put a bushing in when I came out of the wall. In addition to helping with clogs, it makes any venting problems go away too.

Also a shower drain is 2", a tub drain is 1.5".

https://www.amazon.com/Plumbing-Pros-Rex-Cauldwell/dp/1561588172/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rex+cauldwell+plumbing&qid=1559686693&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I thought this book was great for plumbing. He really spells it all out and doesn't get lost in the code... which the code was pretty indecipherable to me. I basically did what he said and have not had a single issue (yet :))

Offline retiredmarine

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
Re: DWV Route Question
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »
Thanks Nathan!  I'll check that book out.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1124KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00217s for 40,690 bytes (show)
Queries used: 29.

[Show Queries]