Virginia House Republican Wards Off the Antichrist

Started by RainDog, February 12, 2010, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainDog

Human microchips seen by some in Virginia House as device of antichrist

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/09/AR2010020903796.html?sid=ST2010021000012

Of course, nobody is actually inserting these devices into people without their knowledge. But they might start any day. Satan's tricky like that.
NE OK

peternap

I've been making fun of that one too but it was introduced by Mark Cole.

He's a level headed, down to earth politician and a darn good friend to gun owners.

I expect there's a lot behind that piece of legislation or else he wouldn't have put his name on it.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Don_P

Just from the title I knew our rep would hop on that bandwagon and sure enough  ::) The devil with pitchfork in hand could sell that fool a seat to the promised land.

Quote"The fact that some people who support it are a little wacky doesn't make it a bad idea."

poppy

Not sure why we need more laws to prevent the invasion of privacy, but maybe it's necessary.
???
What distresses me is that for every forward step that Christianity makes it seems to make a backwards step with stuff like this mark of the beast nonsense.

Early church leaders debated whether Revelation belonged in the biblical canon.  I sometimes wish that it had not made it.

rwanders

??? And all this time I thought our social security numbers were the "mark of the beast"?
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

StinkerBell

Quote from: rwanders on February 13, 2010, 02:23:06 PM
??? And all this time I thought our social security numbers were the "mark of the beast"?

No, it is just the first step in getting the sheep ready to take the mark. Create something similar that is benign distributed it. Makes it easier to introduce what you really want to happen later on.

rwanders

Quote from: StinkerBell on February 13, 2010, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: rwanders on February 13, 2010, 02:23:06 PM

No, it is just the first step in getting the sheep ready to take the mark. Create something similar that is benign distributed it. Makes it easier to introduce what you really want to happen later on.

:o  If not the SS#, then it must be our FICO score----obviously those with lower scores are destined for the lower levels of hell. Another reason to avoid debt in this world.

glenn kangiser

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, RainDog.

Here, I saw this and thought of you.

http://www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com/main/news.php

There.  Now you can't say I never gave you anything. ... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

RainDog

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 14, 2010, 02:33:10 AM
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, RainDog.

Here, I saw this and thought of you.

http://www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com/main/news.php

There.  Now you can't say I never gave you anything. ... [waiting]

You've never given me anyth...

You've never given meeeeee...

Geez, you're right!

I don't particularly object to the legislation. Who wants microchips embedded in their body without permission? I don't think it's necessary, but y'know, whatever.

It's just the yammering about Revelation and the Antichrist as an argument for legislation that I take exception to. It's really silly.
NE OK

glenn kangiser

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Crimoney.. Yeah - you are right... I suppose that would ruin it for everyone else.... :(

StinkerBell

RainDog for those who believe Revelation is not silly.
Just think if 100 yeas ago when the 16th & 17th amendment was being crafted if the legslation was more proactive about the fed not taking more the 1% on the wealthiest instead of just opening the door like they did. Once a door is open by passing a bill imo the goverment always goes back and adds to it even when they make promises to get it acted to begin with....like the promise that federal tax would be 1% on only the wealthiest of people.

rwanders

d*  The same folks who persist in actually believing politicians "promises" are the same ones who keep the "Nigerian Letter Scam" going as well as 3 card monte games and all the other ageless con games . Most of us believe what we want to believe when we want to believe it-----and that is often when we calculate we are going to somehow personally profit. Unfortunately, human nature will not soon change.

Pox Eclipse

I am still trying to understand if this politician believes we can avert the Apocalypse through legislation.  Can we expect another law banning the riding of horses in groups of four?

StinkerBell

Avert? I am sure he does not think he can avert it. Maybe his consideration is to make certain events of it delayed or difficult for the government to participate. If you believe in Revelation it is a delay tactic of taking the mark and not an aversion to the Revelation itself.

Now with that said, I think that forcing someone to take a microchip is an infringement on that person. BUT with that said and how the supreme court seems to think, I personally do not want that tested in our courts wether or not its people can be forced to be microchiped.

ScottA

This sounds like some CYA on the part of the politicos to make the bible thumper crowd happy.