Inauguration Excess?

Started by MountainDon, January 19, 2009, 11:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

In 2005 the AP criticized Bush for spending some $40 million dollars on his inauguration.

I have not heard a peep in the mainstream media about the amounts being spent on the inaguration for Obama. Estimates run up to $150 million dollars.   ??? ???

...here's an excerpt of Lester's January 13, 2005 piece, starting with a lede designed to rain all over Bush's parade and including the suggestion from two liberal Democrats that Bush eat cold chicken salad and pound cake instead: [...]

New York Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat, suggested inaugural parties should be scaled back, citing as a precedent Roosevelt's inauguration during World War II.

"President Roosevelt held his 1945 inaugural at the White House, making a short speech and serving guests cold chicken salad and plain pound cake," according to a letter from Weiner and Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash. "During World War I, President Wilson did not have any parties at his 1917 inaugural, saying that such festivities would be undignified."...

above from...  http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/01/18/did-newsbusters-help-ap-see-inauguration-spending-hypocrisy

No, we'll never see any criticism of this years extravaganza. Obama is the media's darling.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

The media is Big Brother, they have the power to shape the minds of its viewers. To control who goes into office and what laws get passed.

ScottA

The empire will drown in it's own red ink.

sparks

There is a solution for this.

For more info, please send all the cash you can to:

sparks.com

Thanks in advance.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

muldoon