Beautiful day today

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, November 01, 2008, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

During breakfast today, we were hashing around going somewhere for the day to do something fun, so kind of on the spur of the moment, we packed up a picnic lunch and loaded the kids up and headed west.  We went to Red Rock Canyon State Park in Hinton.  Haven't been there since I was a little kid.  I used to go down and camp with my cousins there and climb on the cliffs and stuff.  We spent the entire day outside and the weather was absolutely perfect. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the leaves have suddenly turned brilliant colors just in the last few days.  The girls stayed busy chasing daddy-long-legs spiders and grasshoppers, etc., and we hiked around a bit.  It was so nice to be out of town and outdoors... the baby was thrilled because she's happy as long as she is outside.  The kids found a playground there (I don't remember it from when I was a kid, so it must be something fairly new... ???  all I can remember is climbing up steep rock walls and reaching for tiny footholds.)  It was really really nice.  You kind of forget about the economy, the elections, the fact that our house is still not sold, etc.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

I know - I get started pprospecting and soon I am scaling rock walls and crawling under the poison oak and soon am way farther up the mountain than I ever wanted to be -- then it's the trip back down - if I went down first then the trip up is really bad.  But it is fun. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

NM_Shooter

That's fishing for me!  I don't care how bad I might feel or how nasty the weather.  All bad things magically disappear when fishing.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

I've done that fishing too.  I mainly like to trout fish though.  That's what I grew up doing in Oregon.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, fishing USED to be like that for me.  Nowdays, I spend all the time untangling kids' lines, rebaiting their hooks, retying lines after they broke them off getting them tangled in a tree, etc, not to mention refereeing arguments about whose rod and reel is the best and so forth.  The last time I actually had time to fish and catch something on my own line was at least a year ago.  Gardening is usually like that for me, too, but since we don't have a real garden at the rent house, that's kind of ruled out.  So, sometimes it is just nice to get out away from town and do something fun.