Glenn, If your going back in your Bear Cave

Started by peternap, April 24, 2008, 08:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

This is a little 12 ga I built a few years ago. Pure murder at 10 yards with 00 buck! :)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Looks cool. Looks a bit short.  :-\

K loves Gray's Anatomy (hospital TV show Glenn) They got a bear attack victim....
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

9" and legal in Va. It's my copy of the old Marbles Game Getter. I have a shoulder stock that attaches too.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Cool, Peter.  Is that legal in the peoples republic of California?...and would it break my wrists or anything else if I had something similar.  Seems it may kick. 

...and yes -- I would like to go back in and explore that cave.  Local miner said the bears don't hibernate here.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

I don't know if it;s legal there Glenn. California has some strict rules.
To be honest, I'd forgotten I built it. Found it under the sofa while I was looking for one of my shoes.

John_C

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 25, 2008, 12:18:42 AM
Local miner said the bears don't hibernate here.
Translation.... If there IS a bear in there, it won't be sleeping.    [shocked]

NM_Shooter

Okay... I give up.  What is the small rod under the barrel for?  Looks like a black powder ramrod to me.

What action is that?

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

Yeah, tell us more. Maybe you should get a good spring cleaning going... no telling what you might come across.

:) :)

glenn kangiser

Quote from: John C on April 25, 2008, 07:27:06 PM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 25, 2008, 12:18:42 AM
Local miner said the bears don't hibernate here.
Translation.... If there IS a bear in there, it won't be sleeping.    [shocked]

Hmm Wonder if he'd give me any clues? hmm

...probably... like ripping my arm off and beating me with the bloody end of it. [crz]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

gandalfthegrey

Quote from: MountainDon on April 25, 2008, 10:51:51 PM
Yeah, tell us more. Maybe you should get a good spring cleaning going... no telling what you might come across.

Hey that's got a Lyman Combination #1 rear site.  My 1902 Sears catalog says it cost $2.20. + $0.35 for installation. [cool]
Bad Wolf

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 25, 2008, 10:02:29 PM
Okay... I give up.  What is the small rod under the barrel for?  Looks like a black powder ramrod to me.

What action is that?

-f-

I made the action NM. It's just a simple lathe turned open bolt machine gun style.
The rod is part of what makes it legal without registering as an SBR/SBS.

Even though it is chambered for 12 ga cartridges. I made a removable breech plug for it. Since it is questionable to say the least, I asked ATF Tech review to certify it's status as a muzzleloader. They did.

I made it one day on a whim. The stock is just an old rifle stock that I cut off and used EMK to soften it while I fitted the action and barrel.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on April 25, 2008, 10:51:51 PM

Your making my heart beat harder Don. Is that yours?

MountainDon

I wish it was Peter. But you can go visit it. It's in the National Firearms Museum in Fairfax.

There can't be too many of those around with the original wooden boxes.  :)

glenn kangiser

Terrible picture, but what do you think of this, Peter and others.

I thought it may be of assistance when I go into the cave.  Thanks to my friend, Mike who had just what I needed.

peternap

glenn kangiser

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

MountainDon

Wear earplugs or electronic ear muffs!!   ;D

glenn kangiser

You are right on that and I have thought of that a bit.

My ears constantly ring from machinery and rock-n-roll, so I need the ear plugs, but what if I miss the bear growling?

Probably electronics would be better?