Michelle Bachmann bought tickets to the debate for 4000 of her fans

Started by Windpower, August 14, 2011, 05:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize winner and Op Ed Columnist for the New York Times

http://krugmanonline.com/

He is also a frequent contributor to FOX News

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Windpower

Quote from: fishing_guy on August 15, 2011, 06:05:13 PM
Come on Windpower...at least get your midwest meats straight...

A brat is a form of sausage which is normally boiled(in beer) and then grilled.  Purists would eat it only on a bun and usually accompanied by a blend of mustard.  Non-purists would have it on a bun with ketchup.

A CORNDOG(or Prontopup) (of which Ms. Bachman is found eating) is the food of fairs and festivals in the midwest.  Unlike it's cousin, the brat, purists smother them in ketchup, while the uninitiated would use both ketchup and mustard.  It is a food of the people and can only be enjoyed in a relaxed/down  to earth attitude.

I too am a Ron Paul supporter...I just have to speak up on this form of journalism when I see it...It's about as yellow as it gets...

I'll stand by my observation of her stupidity and naivete
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

NM_Shooter

As far as I can tell, NYT and Fox had nothing to do with this writing.  

So let's get back to the meat of this corndog.  BTW, my vote in the corndog straw poll would be mustard only.

Without actual proof, his writing comes across as nothing more than malicious and underhanded.  A "Nobel Winning" (does anyone now believe that has any credibility?) recipient should be much, much better at having legitimate sources and accurately reporting the facts.  His blatant misrepresentation of the flyer is unforgivable.  

As a Nobel winner, this makes him look even worse.  Perhaps that is why he received a Nobel prize in economics, and not a Pulitzer prize.

I betcha that we can find lots of legitimate complaints against Bachman.  Let's stick to those.  

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Native_NM

Quote from: Windpower on August 15, 2011, 10:01:58 AM
The fact that Bachmann would allow herself to photographed eating a brat in that manner proves to me that she is completely unaware of the position she is running for

I would even go so far as to say she must as stupid as that other dim wit Sarah Palin (Palin is at least easy on the eyes)

No kidding...what the heck is Obama thinking!  Clearly he is completely unaware of the position he HOLDS.  I'll refrain from further insults and let the picture speak for itself.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/edwest/100051871/barack-obama-wouldnt-get-away-with-that-euro-wuss-bike-gear-in-russia/
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

OlJarhead

Quote from: Windpower on August 15, 2011, 06:08:25 PM

Krugman contributes to Fox?  Really?  That's something I did not know...can you point to some articles he contributed to or shows?

Native_NM

Krugman is an opinion columnist.  Op-ed.  One problem today is that the lines between journalism and op-ed bloggers is not clear, primarily because of the web and the ability to quickly disseminate information to the masses in a format that is not viewed as permanent as newspaper. 

Much of what is reported today is opinion.  There are dozens of cases of FOX and MSN/CNN picking up a blog story as news and running with it, without any fact checking or verification.  Sloppy.  Partisan.  Hacks.  Both sides.

OlJarhead

Quote from: Windpower on August 15, 2011, 06:08:25 PM

I'm sorry WP but as I research this statement I can't find any contributions by Paul Krugman on Fox news.  What I do find is a lot of articles written by Krugman makes claims about Fox (never positive ones) or people referencing his nonsense.  Please cite an actual article in which he contributed to Fox rather then being mentioned, written about him etc.

ScottA

Rigged vote counts, rigged media coverage and this is worth discussing? Please notice that your choices will been chosen for you before you vote. A choice between bad and worse is not a choice and It's not your fault if one of those choices digs us a deeper hole than the last.

rwanders

Quote from: ScottA on August 15, 2011, 10:15:39 PM
Rigged vote counts, rigged media coverage and this is worth discussing? Please notice that your choices will been chosen for you before you vote. A choice between bad and worse is not a choice and It's not your fault if one of those choices digs us a deeper hole than the last.

Who are the riggers?  Evidence more then innuendo and assertions please.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

Native_NM

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

If you choose not to believe the obvious that's your business. But don't try to justify it by trying to force those who point it out to somehow prove it. You and I both know that the proof of vote fraud is locked up tight and neither I nor you could ever get access to it. Also be aware you did in fact see this on the internet.

Native_NM

You and I know both know that no matter who our shadowy overlords elect the outcome to the people will be the same....broken promises and more rhetoric.

rick91351

I myself think it all boils down to media BS as as cited in this Onion Report also from the '08 election.  Yet once again it seems to berising to the top as cream does.  Thankful some one has a real handle on it.

Election '08: Poll: Bullshit Is Most Important Issue For 2008 Voters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viVAAy_qkx0&feature=relmfu
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Tickhill

She was just eating that brat while she waits on the mother ship to beam her up. Good grief. You can find something wrong with any politician but if you think we as a nation can take another 4 years of what we are currently dealing with, we all may be waiting on the mother ship.
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

fishing_guy

Quote from: Tickhill on August 16, 2011, 04:18:04 AM
She was just eating that brat while she waits on the mother ship to beam her up. Good grief. You can find something wrong with any politician but if you think we as a nation can take another 4 years of what we are currently dealing with, we all may be waiting on the mother ship.
As our Minnesota State Fair approaches, I cannot let this lie go on....

It is not a brat!!!

Please use the correct term!!!

While we are at it:

It was not a vote!  It was a poll.  It doesn't count for anything.  Except for the organizing ability of the candidates.  That's it.
I hate to see this country next year if our undies are in a bundle already... d* d* d*
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

Tickhill

I can't stand it any longer, what is it then? My undies been waded up since 2009, I am ready for some relief!
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Tickhill

rick91351

Read on Drudge this morning that Bachmann is promising she will have gas back down to $2.00 a gallon.  Ya like I believe that!  Sounds like those stupid high school class officers speechs.  Only here no one is laughing.  I still remember all the Obama supports screaming Obama is going to pay for our rent, Obama is going to pay for our gas, Obama my A**.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Native_NM

Quote from: rick91351 on August 18, 2011, 09:02:40 AM
Read on Drudge this morning that Bachmann is promising she will have gas back down to $2.00 a gallon.  Ya like I believe that!  Sounds like those stupid high school class officers speechs.  Only here no one is laughing.  I still remember all the Obama supports screaming Obama is going to pay for our rent, Obama is going to pay for our gas, Obama my A**.

Frack, baby, frack.  The plan is to drill and frack, increasing the supply, creating jobs, and lowering the dependence on Saudi oil.  Whether that would work is irrelevant.  It is not as far-fetched as the Left portrays it, nor as likely or certain to transpire as the Right portrays it.

Tickhill

Truth lies somewhere in the middle, but at least they have a plan and it's not to sit on their ass in Martha's vineyard until a holiday provides them the perfect photo op to announce a "plan".