Things Old Goats say

Started by peternap, April 29, 2011, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I've gotten fairly hard of hearing and often mistake what people say to me. As of today, I'm trying to keep track of some of them. In addition, I make honest remarks when years ago, I'd have kept them to myself.

Tonight, we went to dinner in the burbs at Paneras. We sat outside and they announce when the order is ready over the PA.

I'm fairly certain one announcement was for "Pregnant Baby". Jane said it was Brenda Something or the other.

Then a woman walked past and I'm sure Jane said "He's Dead". I asked who was dead? She said "No, Puke Bag". I just repeated in disbelief, "Puke Bag"?

No she said...."Cute Bag...cute purse...cute thing on a strap over her shoulder". d*

Then a group of young ladies (Looked like ages 17 to 20) walked by and I said "It must be selective memory but I don't remember as many girls with fat butts when I was that age".

Jane's response:
Why are you looking at peoples Fannies? I can't take you anywhere!

I've been quiet since I got home. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Squirl

It reminds me of an incident from when I was having a conversation with an older married couple.
He said to look at all the attractive young women around.

I said, but your wife is sitting right here.

To which she replied, "He got married, he didn't go blind."

Its good to see you haven't gone blind peter.

MountainDon

Peter, there were not as many fat butts back then.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

Hey...

Are you gonna take me home tonight?
Ah down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out?
Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin' world go round

we do indeed! :P

Homegrown Tomatoes

Peter, I had the same thought just the other day when hubby and I took Mom and the kids out to dinner at a nice restaurant (as a way of thanking mom for babysitting the older three for us while we were at the homeschool conference) and a bunch of kids came in all dressed up for their prom.  When I was in high school, it was a rare teenager who was over about a size 12, but I'd bet that of the fifteen or so girls that came in, there wasn't one of them UNDER a size 12.  (The boys with them were generally fatter than the boys when I was that age, too, but not as much so as the girls.)

I had to read your post aloud to my husband.  He got stuck on "puke bag".  He couldn't digest the rest of it because he kept asking, "What?  What's a puke bag?  That doesn't make sense!"  :D
Thanks for the good laugh.