Turboencabulator!

Started by flatdarkmars, January 23, 2011, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsrule

I'm not sure, but I think the dingle arm on my truck has corroded badly. ???

Mike_N

Yeah, I was gonna put one of those on my truck but that would require removal of the schwamus valve from the gaffinger housing and we all know what happens when you do that!

cbc58

i have one of these...   takes a bit getting used to ...  parts are a bitch to find though.

MountainDon

[cool]    I've seen the video before but didn't know about the wiki explanation.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

I seen on the internet Ford was coming out with one of these next year.  But they redesigned it to use shim shrive selves rather that the standard grunion bearings and caused the girdle bearings to seize so that the dingle arm would not retract properly on full load.  That is the reason that most likely you are experiencing corrosion.  

Quote from: Woodsrule on January 24, 2011, 12:13:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the dingle arm on my truck has corroded badly. ???

Another thing I read was that dingle arm corrosion some times can be prevented if you go to a hyper-synthetic systematic fluid such as PA6 or CJ9 but never use AX10 as viscosity issues seem to permeate the trunnion seals.  Also going with the change over to PA6 or CJ9 one needs to of course change both the erco bearings and shafts to the griperpolitin type with suggleton bushings.   I am sure I hardly need to tell you that.  Also do not forget to change out all seventeen micro filters.  This is also listed in the micro management service manual.  Vol 2 pages 713 through 9307 for complete micro management of your filter problems.                  
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Woodsrule

"change out all seventeen micro filters" - I just completed the change out and my truck is now running fine, but my cannibly pin seems to be a little off camber. Maybe I should change the frequency grease?