Geopolitics, Germany, Russia and the US

Started by John Raabe, November 09, 2010, 11:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

The Carpathian Mountains - how is your geography and history?

Mine is crappy!

<a href="http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20101108_geopolitical_journey_part_2_borderlands">Geopolitical Journey, Part 2: Borderlands</a> is republished with permission of STRATFOR.

I am a great fan of the mind of George Friedman and his Stratfor Global Intelligence Reports. He is now walking the history of eastern Europe and sending back reports. This is living history with important information for US and our future. (Click the blue title link to read.)
None of us are as smart as all of us.

ScottA

There exists a real chance of a future Russia-Germany-China alliance of some sort in the near future. This will challenge the dominance of the US in the world creating a potential for conflict. If this happens Germany could find itself in the middle of the trouble once again.

Ajax

Quote from: ScottA on November 09, 2010, 01:39:54 PM
There exists a real chance of a future Russia-Germany-China alliance of some sort in the near future.

I think it's more likely that 50 to 75 years from now all of Russia east of the Urals is called C-H-I-N-A.

I struggle to see any longer term alliance between the 2.  Siberia is full of resources, just over the Chinese border and empty.
Ajax .... What an ass.
muldoon

ScottA

That could happen. We may not even need to wait 50 years. Russia might sell it to them.  :P

Don_P

From a family friend in Moldova tonight;

Yesterday we hade ellections for Parlament. Communist party won again...for for more years. We are so afraid about our future, about Darius`s future...
Our hope died.

muldoon

Everyone seems to readily accept that the arabs have been fighting for thousands of years. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VJV1RcjLI

But there is nothing new under the sun in Europe either.  There has been geopolitical turmoil in Europe for centuries; especially around Germany. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvlp7cBWwIw

There has been countless economic collapses, and countless wars with boundaries changing.  The two events are not unrelated.  In nearly every conflict I can find in history, their is a banking calamity at the center of the event.  It is how the world works.  It is this balance of power that changes the lines of empires. 

As for the original post, you may want to see what was going on in the world during the early 1900's and WW1, and certainly the fall of Germany from the depression and eventuality of Weimar Republic that led to ww2.  History is a fantastic teacher, mostly because it rhymes so often.  As for current geopolitical trends, we have Merckle and the German people.  Currently stuck in a falling Euro, hating everything that devalued currency stands for.  I agree that the current geo-political landscape is ripe for change.  But not just russia-germany.  All of the Euro, especially the debt laden ones.  Also, China-Korea/Tibet is very unruly, the Middle East, and our own corner of North America looks to be suscept to changes as well. 

As for me, I hail from German immigrants who moved to Texas.  Those "Catherine the great" champions who went from the volga and ukraine villages to Texas during ww1 when the rules changed and they chose the new world over what was essentially a draft by russia at the time.  They gave us much, especially the work ethic, the good red winter wheat (brought over by boat), bock beer, and of course all the good sausage recipes. 

What will come will come. We can take some solace in knowing that it has all happened before, that it does not mean some end of days non-sense.  We just need to stay one step ahead of the sheeple and keep our heads above water. 

I do not see Germany siding with China. 
I see China sinking into an inflationary depression for at least 10 years before re-emerging. 

I see Germany eventually leaving the Euro and reinstating the Mark.  If they did that, they would literally have the strongest currency in the world.  For the sake of the US, let's hope they don't go that route.