Straw bale house for Bears

Started by peternap, October 25, 2010, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I'm putting the straw bale walls on my addition now. Saturday, I went out to get started and noticed 4 bales of straw out in the open...(The stack is under a tarp.) and one bale torn up. From the other side of the stack I heard a "Woof" and a lot of scrambling. I pulled the 44 out of my pack walked around just in time to see a furry butt going in the woods.

I looked where he was and he had pulled the 4 bales out of the bottom of the stack (150 bales) and made a neat little cave.
The darned things never cease to amaze me. c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

That's pretty funny...  Where's the pictures?
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

altaoaks

sounds like you aren't the only one looking to make a nice little home out of straw!

peternap

Quote from: Sassy on October 25, 2010, 09:47:11 PM
That's pretty funny...  Where's the pictures?

I haven't unloaded the camera yet but all I got was the cave anyway. I put it up today.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!