Tribute to an Unknown Chinese Manufacturer

Started by MountainDon, May 02, 2010, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

In early winter I dropped my Chinese made Harbor Freight $30 infrared thermometer up in the mountains. (I use it to check for hot spots after burning trash trees and branches, etc. It fell out of my pocket at some point.) I didn't think I'd ever see it again. I was tramping about the south slope yesterday with no real intent in mind when I stopped and looked around. There on the ground right before me I found the lost unit. I pilled the trigger switch and it lit up.  :o  Not only did it light up but it seems to still function as well as it ever did.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Not EVERYTHING made in China is of poor quality, I guess!  My girls got some tennis shoes that were made in China one time, and within the first week they had them, they were falling apart.  Granted, they're really hard on shoes, but my oldest has been on the warpath ever since to try to find American made shoes, and so her latest thing is that she wants to make her own moccasins.

MountainDon

Man we can drift can't we?  ;D  .... but I second the New Balance shoes. My wife and I have used them for years. They make a walker we love.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

fishing_guy

Aren't you a little young for a walker MD? d* ;)
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

Homegrown Tomatoes

But back to thread drift.... is it one of those walkers with a seat built in so you can sit down and rest when you're tired? ;)

MountainDon

StinkerBell

Well....Fortune cookies are an American invention that people think are a chinese thing....

glenn kangiser

You mean my wish won't really come true  [ouch]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.