Jury Duty

Started by StinkerBell, August 21, 2007, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

I suppose you are not allowed to talk about it.  Have you decided you don't like him and he's guilty for messing with your life?

StinkerBell

Hmmmm,

I decided that in general Lawyers are a slimey breed, BUT if I am in trouble I need someone extra slimey.
Oh what a double standard I have!

StinkerBell

I think OJ was guilty, and should have been founded guilty.
Michael is a freak and sadly I believe they did not have a good case and therefore his verdict was fair for what was presented. Although I think he is guilty I do not believe they met the burden of proof. But hey I rather talk about the Menedez Brothers, you know the boys who grew up with wealth in Beverly Hills (or was it Hollywood Hills) and killed their parents. I loved it when their lawyer said in closing statement, " Your Honor these are good boys who had a bad day" :-X

StinkerBell

Ug we are in a deadlock. I have to go back tomorrow. >:(

glenn-k

Maybe tomorrow you'll be able to jury-rig an answer. :-/

StinkerBell

Its over and I am mad, I found out afterwards the Judge did not let in a piece of crucial evidence. Anyways, we applied rough justice to the situation.

glenn-k

So they expect you to go there and waste your time while they withhold evidence critical to the fair decision they want you to deliver.  American Justice. :-/  Destroyed by the law.

StinkerBell

I have no respect for the "SO CALLED" Justice System.

MicheleWOneL

Well I'm new to the forum, but I have to say I love jury duty. The three times I've actually made it on a jury we found the guy guilty when he was so obviously guilty I felt almost like God administering justice. But I know, the system sucks. So many people go free who're obviously guilty. And vice versa.

I hate lawyers too! At one point in my life I thought about becoming a lawyer just to try to right some of the wrongs.

But then there were the top 10 reasons not to become a lawyer (that I just make up). These are not necessarily in the correct order, as they're just off the top of my head and I didn't want to have to think too hard.

1. It costs way too much. (I'm talking money, not the important stuff.)
2. You won't really make that much money anyway unless you're willing to forego some principles.
3. You can't remember if principles is spelled "principles" or "principals."
4. Three-piece suits make your butt look big and your boobs look small.
5. No one really takes women that seriously, anyway.
6. Judge Wapner is really only a fictitious (albeit cute) and uninvolved old guy.
7. Beamers don't run that well in the dark.
8. You think friends are worth keeping.
9. You don't speak or read English (only a minor problem, really).
10. Your aging deaf grandmother died a horrible death when she was run over by a bulldozer, having chained herself to her great-great grandfather's headstone to keep from losing the family property to lawyers citing "eminent domain."

Let's see. That's ten right? Just off the top of my head. You don't even want to hear from the bottom of my head. Trust me.

glenn-k

Wow -- Michele --- you just got here and already you're going wild.  Apostrophes all in there proper places -- I think. :-?

I stayed on the mountain last night -- you know where --- Missed your debut, but got some forms up.

I had never noticed that about women lawyers before but promise to watch closer next opportunity.

We had a tragedy on the way to Yosemite the other day -- a bus load of lawyers went over the canyon and everyone on board died.  

"What was the tragedy ?" you ask.

Three seats were empty.

I know -- boo boooo -- that was an old one.  Well, kids that haven't heard it are being born every day.  So there. :-/