an A Frame cottage on Lake Huron's Georgian Bay

Started by wellfedCanuck, July 06, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfedCanuck

Hello guys. I'd planned to lurk for a while before saying "hello" but the forum insists that I post a message to use some of the features...

Of all the times I'd googled AFrames, today was the first where this forum and in particular eaglesSJ project- came up.
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=9259.0
I was pretty excited as I flipped the pages because his project was pretty close to what I'd envisioned for myself. As a brief intro- I'm a fifty-something airline pilot working for one of the major Canadian airlines. I'd always considered myself handy but you guys make me look like a jackknife carpenter. That's good for me, though- plenty to learn, and -believe me- I appreciate the help.

Three years ago I purchased my dream vacation property:

It's water access, because Hollywood and the world's corporate elite discovered our little playground about 20 years ago and drive-to properties on big water in Parry Sound or Muskoka have become unaffordable for anyone except the lucky and the rich.

Anyway, buying the place was enough of a stretch, I probably won't have cash to build for at least a couple years, but here I am. There is a little cabin there from the previous owner:

And a lot of work from the mess he left behind:

Happy to have found you.

rick91351

So love your property....  Seems as if you will have plenty of opportunities to hone carpentry skills and such.  That is with the little cabin and this and that before you step out in boldness and go where many fear to tread.   [cool]   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Tickhill

Welcome aboard! I have friends that live in Grimsby, Ontario. Best wishes and remember, we love pictures.
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time