This is starting to be an expensive week

Started by peternap, October 04, 2011, 04:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I have several wood stoves at the farm but not at the Burb House.

I have a heat pump there which I hate.....and a fireplace which does not heat the house. I also have an almost unlimited supply of free wood and a log splitter.

It looks like electric rates are going higher because the NRC hasn't allowed Dominion to put one of the reactors back on line, plus they're greedy b**tards, so we went looking for a stove to put on the hearth and vent through the chimney. IMO, that's more efficient than an insert.

We narrowed it down to two at two different stores and I ended up with the more expensive but I think, the better of the two.

I got the Jotul F600 Woodstove.

Sharpening my pencil based on last years bills and usage, it will save me around $1,500.00 this year and I paid a little over two thousand (The two stores were bidding against each other).
I think there's a ten percent tax credit too.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

peternap

Quote from: StinkerBell on October 05, 2011, 06:40:07 PM
Jotul is a good brand.

I think Mountain Don bought one. I've found that before he buys something, he knows the names of the workers that assembled it and the molecular makeup of each part. ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

peternap

Quote from: StinkerBell on October 06, 2011, 09:29:03 PM
You can call your Jotul "Sven"  ;)

I named it " heavy"!

I moved it into the house today and as if I needed further proof, I'm NOT the man I once was >:(

bayview

Quote from: peternap on October 06, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
I named it " heavy"!

I moved it into the house today and as if I needed further proof, I'm NOT the man I once was >:(

Who is ?    ;D

Still, congrats on the new wood stove . . .

//
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .