And people wonder why I make fun of Northern Va/DC

Started by peternap, August 26, 2011, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

UPDATE (9:55 a.m.)

The District Department of Public Works will distribute free sandbags — up to five per household — to city residents at New Jersey Avenue and K Street SE from noon to midnight today and from 8 a.m. to midnight Saturday as Hurricane Irene advances toward the area.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

Whoa.  I hope they plan on helping with the installation of all that sand too.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Windpower

What is one to do with 5 sandbags ?

Hey Peter

any personal stories about the earthquake ?
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

rick91351

I can think of a couple things to do with the sand bags:  One the 5 sandbags will be handy to put your stuff in when they move you out.
Two - when all the looting begins.  Ya' got'a tote it home some how you know!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: Windpower on August 26, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

What is one to do with 5 sandbags ?

Hey Peter

any personal stories about the earthquake ?

For me, it was really a non event. A little shaking and then back to what I was doing. The real story is all the hoopla afterward.

Right at mineral it was different. There was some damage. The Engineers are busy as can be inspecting damage and figuring how to fix it.

I'm more excited about filming the hurricane than an old dull earthquake. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

firefox

Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824