Small bathroom sink at IKEA and Trones for other storage

Started by trish2, August 21, 2011, 12:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trish2

The new Ikea book is out.  Hubby and I took a ride to check out their new offerings.  One caught my eye....a 12x24 inch rectangle bathroom sink.  Large enough to do the necessary things (wash face, brush teeth etc) but very much a space saver.  $50.  Page 204 in the new catalog. 

Also, the Trones shoe cabinets are on that page.....love those critters.  Can be used for socks, underwear, bathroom supplies and lots of other items beside shoes.  I have replaced my dresser with those. Amazing amount of storage in a small, compact space. Light weight, easy wall mount; 2 screws.   Great for kids socks, pjs etc,  in small bedrooms.  My friend has two boys in an 8x8 room.  She mounted them about 8 inches off the floor.  Gives good storage and takes up no floor space so the kids can play with their cars.    Happily, the Trones come in white and other colors instead of the red shown in the photo.

Squirl

I just put that one in my plans for the building department.  I think the dimension said it was 10 -5/8" x 24.  It got flagged as "too small ".  I put the link and brochure and asked if there was a minimum code size and got no response.  I assume they just didn't believe a real sink had those dimensions.  My problem is I am having trouble finding it in stock because it is new and not all stores have it.
I like the sink a lot because the less surface area, the less clutter get's left on it.
I believe this is the one.  They also lowered the price a lot.  IIRC when they first introduced online before the catalog it was $90.  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09894062

Ikea is great for finding compact fixtures that the U.S. suppliers won't sell.  They are perfect for cabins.  Some of their styles are too European though to fit into a country décor.  I am also partial to this sink.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40094582