New (old) Toy!!!

Started by Rob_O, April 25, 2011, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_O

Thought you guys might like to see what I picked up this weekend

Yanmar 276D. 27 HP diesel, 4WD, hydroshift, Independent PTO with a 5' bush hog for $2500. Needs a little time and money thrown at it, but should be a great tractor with a pair of tires, new blades on the deck and fresh fluids in everything
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

peternap

Quote from: Rob_O on April 25, 2011, 10:50:27 PM
Thought you guys might like to see what I picked up this weekend

Yanmar 276D. 27 HP diesel, 4WD, hydroshift, Independent PTO with a 5' bush hog for $2500. Needs a little time and money thrown at it, but should be a great tractor with a pair of tires, new blades on the deck and fresh fluids in everything

Very Nice Rob!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Nice tractor and great price.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

waggin

I'm just starting to look into tractors, but that sounds like a score to me.  What sort of uses do you have planned for it?  Are you planning on other attachments? 
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

Rob_O

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 26, 2011, 11:26:05 PM
Nice tractor and great price.

Quote from: waggin on April 27, 2011, 07:53:00 PM
I'm just starting to look into tractors, but that sounds like a score to me.  What sort of uses do you have planned for it?  Are you planning on other attachments? 

I think I got a pretty good deal. Previous owner had gotten out of the lawn care business and seemed to want it out of his back yard immediately if not sooner. It runs like a champ, just needs some work to pretty it up

Attachments... I want one of everything! High on the list are a grader box, a landscape rake and a boom pole, with those and the bush hog I can handle most of my current needs. Chipper/shredder would be real handy but they cost as much as the tractor  :o

texasgun

A handy inexpensive add on is a 3 point dirt scoop.
WEST TEXAS

peternap

Quote from: Rob_O on April 28, 2011, 01:10:15 AM
I think I got a pretty good deal. Previous owner had gotten out of the lawn care business and seemed to want it out of his back yard immediately if not sooner. It runs like a champ, just needs some work to pretty it up

Attachments... I want one of everything! High on the list are a grader box, a landscape rake and a boom pole, with those and the bush hog I can handle most of my current needs. Chipper/shredder would be real handy but they cost as much as the tractor  :o

A moldboard plow is real handy even if you don't farm. I dig cable trenches, drainage ditches and lots of other things with mine...plus, they plow pretty well. Generally, you can get them used real cheap.

If you're planning on growing more than a small garden, a small disk is almost a must.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Rob_O

A note to those who have not learned this already. There is nothing fun about changing bush hog blades, and if someone gives you a "deal" on a deck because it needs new blades they're not doing you any favors

My deck was "free with purchase". After the time, fuel and money I spent getting parts and fixing this thing I could have bought one that worked and come out ahead  d*

On the bright side, I now have a working bush hog deck and got to make some passes up the driveway. Tomorrow is going to warm and sunny and I have much mowing to do before the rain arrives

peternap

Quote from: Rob_O on April 29, 2011, 07:51:51 PM
A note to those who have not learned this already. There is nothing fun about changing bush hog blades, and if someone gives you a "deal" on a deck because it needs new blades they're not doing you any favors

My deck was "free with purchase". After the time, fuel and money I spent getting parts and fixing this thing I could have bought one that worked and come out ahead  d*

On the bright side, I now have a working bush hog deck and got to make some passes up the driveway. Tomorrow is going to warm and sunny and I have much mowing to do before the rain arrives

c*
I love changing blades ???
http://vimeo.com/14530937

Sassy

That's a pretty classic video there, Peter  d*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

peternap

Quote from: Sassy on April 29, 2011, 08:48:02 PM
That's a pretty classic video there, Peter  d*

Yep! I may sell it as a faith video. God looks after Fools, Children and the Stoopid. :-\

Rob_O

Quote from: peternap on April 29, 2011, 07:56:30 PM
c*
I love changing blades ???

Where's the torch set and the BFH?