Trex decking

Started by Whitlock, February 21, 2009, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

Does anyone have a idea on how to fix surface scraches in Trex decking?
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

MountainDon

New "boards".  ;D 

That is one of the things I don't like about those type of decking products. Sorry I wasn't of more help.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MikeOnBike

Jens

little bit of solvent to melt the surface a bit?  Make it not a scratch, but hide it as a dent that way.  Just an idea. 

A potted plant can work wonders!  "What, you don't like the way your siding looks?  Plant a bush!"
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

MountainDon

Quote from: MikeOnBike on February 25, 2009, 04:10:23 PM
Turn it over? ???

The Trex "boards or planks" I've seen have the wood grain effect on one side and a smoother surface on the other. I have no idea if they are all that way.  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I don't like Trex.

Whitlock is also working out of town.

He said the Trex has a slot in the side and special hold downs making it very hard to remove with out starting at the first board and working your way into it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.