Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act 2-16-9

Started by glenn kangiser, February 16, 2009, 02:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Pretty much the same here Dom We do have a One handgun a month limit unless you have a CHP. The one gun a month doesn't apply to private sales.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

peternap

Quote from: DW on March 02, 2009, 02:40:17 PM
Here in Oklahoma, no limit on the number you can buy at one time... if you have $$, go for it. The NICS check takes five minutes at tops (paperwork and phone call).

Oklahoma is a "shall issue" state for a CCW (which I view as an infringement of the 2A and 14A... I digress).

Va is a "Shall Issue" state also. I consider it a backdoor try for gunowner registration. Special perks for CHP holders so everyone will get one.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

I don't understand why open carry is not allowed in some places but it's okay to have concealed carry. Is it because the state doesn't collect any fees for open carry, or what? 

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

cordwood

Quote from: MountainDon on March 02, 2009, 10:02:10 PM
I don't understand why open carry is not allowed in some places but it's okay to have concealed carry. Is it because the state doesn't collect any fees for open carry, or what? 

From what I have been told by the opposition here in Ar. is that they feel an openly visible weapon is considered a "threat" and not a deterrent ::) And that letting people just walk around with guns on their hip would somehow bring back the lawlessness of Dodge City or make it easier for thugs to gain access to loaded weapons. As of right now we are looking good for getting a measure on the ballot for a vote to restore our right to open carry. Among my L/E friends it's about 50/50 for it. Some say they don't like civilians being armed while others think that a guy walking around with a sixshooter on his hip is far more likely to be a "GOOD GUY" and not a thug.
I cut it three times and it's still too short.

MountainDon

Another reply, FWIW.

Dear Mr. Miller:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 45, the Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. I appreciate your taking the time to write.

As you may know, this bill was introduced in the House of Representatives on January 6, 2009, and was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. I believe it is important that we uphold the rights afforded under the Second Amendment, and please be assured I will keep your comments in mind should legislation relating to this issue be considered.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to keep me informed of issues of importance to you and your community.

Sincerely,

JEFF BINGAMAN
United States Senator
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.