You have to wonder.....

Started by desdawg, May 13, 2008, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

A bit more than interesting.........however...

The fuel prices on the Miss will most likely bust 5.00 or more a gallon.

And the road price won't be so far behind this summer.

No more long boat trips. :(
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

benevolance

well you can float back down river can't you?...Burn gas one way only

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on May 16, 2008, 09:17:40 PM
You might have mentioned it before but what is the round trip mileage to the farm?  I had to make a trip to Lewisburg which broke my heart. 74 miles to PU mortar, tile and a mantle.  Most of this tank was going on my 4 mile round trip to the cabin and back for the last three weeks.  Still have 1/4 tank but that is going to hurt before long.

It's about a 200 mile round trip.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

desdawg

I got rid of my 2004 3/4 ton Chevy duramax diesel and got a 2008 1/2 ton gas burner. Cut my insurance rates and increased my mileage along with switching to a less expensive fuel. My truck payment got higher but at least I am not giving it to the oil companies. There is really no way to win. I am trying to sell off some of my equipment that is not being used. I was thinking of taking some of it to a Ritchie Brothers auction but they require 1/3 tank of fuel in any truck they take in for the auction. My semi has a 300 gallon fuel capacity so that would be $450 worth of diesel....to sell it at a no reserve auction. I believe they shot themselves in the foot with that requirement. I will find other ways to sell. The whole world is off the deep end right now.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.