Building departments

Started by Drew, December 31, 2007, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Quote from: MountainDon on September 25, 2009, 12:38:08 AM

[rofl2]

This photo , along with some text Mtn. D has typed here would seem to indicate that Mtn. D is F--in crazy eh  c*

We now return you to the Building Dept. from hell  rants! ;)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Woodsrule

Hi Don,

In my town, all of the listed items require a permit. The town even enacted an ordinance that requires a permit if you move more than 15 yards of fill/loam,sand, etc... It's because of these intrusions into our lives that folks get fed up. I get what you mean about building codes. A basic code that protects those who cannot protect themselves makes sense to me, but telling me that I need permission to move dirt gets me a bit crazy. >:(

emcvay

Perhaps the point is missed here:  I'm not building a house.  I'm not building in a town, or near a town.

I'm building a hunting cabin on property in the woods with limited access and with minimal usage.

Why on earth would I want to spend the money on a 2x12 floor so I can meet the county or state codes?  IN fact, I live in a 56 year old house that has 4" walls -- which are fine by the way -- so why on earth would I spend the money to build 6" walls on a HUNTING CABIN????

Many people do not even insulate their cabins.

Look, besides my libertarian views, perhaps we're missing the point of my rants which is that I am not building a house, I'm not making a place to live, I'm just trying to build a cabin to stay in from time to time when I want to get away or go hunting etc...

Now, if I want to live in a hovel -- that's another discussion and one that has to do with the meaning of liberty.