Tiny kitchen - design/arrangement advice

Started by Homesick Gypsy, March 22, 2016, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homesick Gypsy

The house is 11'8" wide by 21'6" long.  There is a bathroom with a 48" shower and a toilet in one corner with a pocket door. Outside the bathroom on the same plumbing wall is a counter with a small sink. The toilet/shower room opens into the area with the small sink. The rest of the house is open. No separate bedroom - it's a studio house.  Interior dimensions basically 10x20 or so.

Here's the dilemma - I have two options for a kitchen.  If I turn the small sink area into a kitchen, I think I need to move the bathroom door to where it's facing the living/bedroom area instead of opening directly into the kitchen. And perhaps place an apartment sized stove and refrigerator on the bathroom wall where the door used to be.  That gives me 5' or so of counter space and I would put in a 24" apartment size sink.  The bathroom is about 4 1/2 feet long so a 24" counter, plus a 24" stove plus a 24" refrigerator would hang out over the bathroom wall.

The other options I see is to turn the small sink area into a dressing area with a closet, leave the bathroom door where it is and put the kitchen along the bathroom wall where it faces into the living/bedroom area. Still leaves me with about 5' of counter space. I thought about putting the 24" sink in a corner with the outside wall but I think it would take up too much space.  How can I fit a basic apart sized kitchen in this space? 

Here's a link to the floor plan:

https://www.parkmodelsdirect.com/at/crossett.asp

flyingvan

How about moving the water heater into the corner, then having your counter turn the corner?  Corner counters create an awkward space below, perfect for the water heater.  The counter could go all the way to that window--and if you wanted to leave the last 20" open below, you could have a barstool there with the counter serving double duty..  Also there's no reason not to have upper cabinets matching the turn the counter would take
Find what you love and let it kill you.